Jewellery competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jewellery competition

I thought I'd run a competition for all you jewellers, the prize is 16 milky sapphires, or, 20 freshwater pearls (piccies below) and all you have to do is tell me how you would use them and, if you win, agree to post a photo of the finished piece! The winner can choose if they'd prefer the sapphires, or, pearls, or a mixture of both

Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Oooh I'd use those milky sapphires and intertwine them into a chain maille bracelet - oooh flower pattern or byzantine, decisions, decisions
    **FREE to enter monthly draw on my BLOGS**
    Different prize every month
    Jewellery Creations & Shop Blog
    PMC & Silver Clay Hints and Tips Blog

Comment

I would use them on a hair accessory or fascinator (craft of the moment lol) Maybe a silk flower with beaded highlight or something similar....

*realises this is a jewellery comp*

Ok I would make a beaded ring - the ol' faithful
      Im down with Fraggle Rock

Fraggies Fripperies

http://fraggiesfripperies.blogspot.com

Comment

I think I would create a floating necklace with possibly 2 strands and a few dangles
        Handmade jewellery and accessories using glass, crystals, wire and more!
        www.iridescentdesigns.co.uk

Comment

mmmm.....

I think I would use the freshwater pearls and combine them with some 30mm iridescent glass twisted leaf beads and either rich brown crackle glass rounds or smokey crystals to make a 3 strand necklace.

Claire
          Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
          Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
          www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Comment

Oh gosh! I didn't realise how tough judging this was going to be, even after 4 responses I am struggling to choose between them, they all sound brilliant. What am I going to do when more people respond??? HELP!

By the way fragg1es, you can choose to design anything you want with them, I suppose I meant 'jewellery' in a very loose sense, i.e. anything that's bejewelled.
            Jayne

Comment

I would make a Pearl hair band (tiara), well i'm gonna try anyway!!

cheers

steph
              Steph
              www.glamourandgroovy.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy4lee View Post
                Oh gosh! I didn't realise how tough judging this was going to be, even after 4 responses I am struggling to choose between them, they all sound brilliant. What am I going to do when more people respond??? HELP!

By the way fragg1es, you can choose to design anything you want with them, I suppose I meant 'jewellery' in a very loose sense, i.e. anything that's bejewelled.
                Im back in the game woohoo

Fraggies Fripperies

Comment

Those milky sapphires match my friends bridesmaids dress perfectly. Therefore I would use them to make a simple drop necklace with a couple of swarovski crystals. Then I would also put a couple on the facinator I am making, I am thinking a headband with a big flower formed out of wire, with crystals and other beads wound round the petals. Then some nice drop earrings of course.
                  www.beadlab.com

Comment

Oops, I forgot to mention that I'll let this run for a week, so, there's still loads of time to submit entries
                    Jayne

Comment

I would combine the pearls with Swarovski AB crystals and make a simple pendant necklace, a delicate charm bracelet and little drop earrings. This is so much fun.
                      Sue.
                      https://www.facebook.com/HandmadeInOtley?ref=hl
                      http://folksy.com/shops/HandmadeinOtley
                      http://www.otleyexclusive.co.uk/store/HandmadeinOtley

Comment

the milky sapphires are really pretty... I would prpbably mix them with silver beads and make a simple bracelet and maybe a small dangly pendant too. THe beads are pretty enough to stand on thier own and I love simple and contemporary pieces.

good luck to everyone!
                        Visit my blog Meridian Ariel or my Etsy Shop

Comment

And the Winner is......

Originally posted by MuranoSilver View Post
                          Oooh I'd use those milky sapphires and intertwine them into a chain maille bracelet - oooh flower pattern or byzantine, decisions, decisions
                          Well done MuranoSilver while I loved everyones ideas, you just sounded sooo enthusiastic

A big THANK YOU you to everyone who entered
                          Jayne

Comment

*does a bad loser strop* .....

Only joshing well done to the winner I cant wait to see the finished piece

Can I have my bribe money back please poppy?

Fraggies Fripperies

Comment

Originally posted by fragg1es View Post
                              *Can I have my bribe money back please poppy?
                              Would you like me to return your 25p by PayPal, or, cheque?
                              Jayne

Comment

Working...
                              X