Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jewellery Parties

Hello,

I keep hearing about jewellery parties on this forum, are they like the tupperware parties my mum used to go to?

What exactly are they about. Are they used to sell jewellery or do you teach a group how to make jewellery? And what kind of jewellery-Beads?
    www.clarenash.co.uk

I do them to sell jewellery. I literally lay all my jewellery out and let people try on, then hopefully buy. Its a good money maker.
    Sarah x

Muddle Website
    Muddle's Facebook Page

Comment

Oh and I give 10% commission to the host and a free gift.

I find I always manage to get another party booked in on the night.

The host supplies food and drink, if they don't want to use their house, I use a local pub thats free to use.

Feel free to ask me any questions
      Sarah x

Muddle Website
      Muddle's Facebook Page

Comment

I've done a few. Churches and local charities love to do them. You can donate a percentage to them so people feel like they're helping a good cause whilst stocking up on some bling.
        Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery & Glass Fusing Blog
        Dichroic Glass Tutorials
        Wholesale Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery

Comment

Hi,

Jewellery parties are selling parties....just like your mum's tupperwear except generally we don't give a presentation.

I've done a few and it's the best money maker as the guest come already knowing that Jewellery is on sale and tend to buy something, even if it's just a pair of earrings..

I give the host a necklace and earring set of her choice and it's a great way for girls/women to have a girls night in, plenty of wine and chat and everyone's happy.
          Carol
          http://www.facebook.com/#!/CarolShawJewellery

Comment

Hi,

I make jewellery also and have read many threads on jewellery parties etc. How do you get people together? to be honest here I don't really know many girly girls who are into the pieces I make. Any suggestions on how to get potential ladies together?

Comment

You could start with one friend or family member, who hosts a party for you, by inviting all their friends. I had a couple of parties where I don't actually know anybody, which is quite strange, but doesn't matter as long as they spend money.
              Sarah x

Muddle Website
              Muddle's Facebook Page

Comment

hi
                This unique, interactive party is your opportunity to see, taste, and experience the new Tupperware lifestyle - amazing products, delicious recipes, and smart, simple solutions to improve your life. Plus what a great opportunity to exchange ideas and make new friends
                giftbaskets

Comment

jewellery parties

I have done a couple of jewellery parties, the most sucessful ones were in the run up to Christmas.

I did the first one at my house, on a saturday as an open house from about 10.30 through to 3.00ish. I Printed up some invites and include a couple of little photos of some my jewellery and explained that the jewellery on show could be paid for and taken away or could be put back for payment and collection in 2 weeks(though no body took this option). I also offered a free gift for any one who bought a friend - this was a choice of a pair of earring from a range i had made from left over beads and other inexpensive beads.

I also made a couple of posters, a couple of friends posted them on notice boards at their work, i put one on the board at my work but also handed out invites to some people. I posted 1 in the window of a local craft shop and placed a few invites next to the till. i gave out the other invites to friend and family.

I have found these parties to be more successful than most of the craft fairs i have done and have led to friends hosting parties at their house for me - i give them 15% commision on all sales and the same free gift deal to their friends.

I don't take commisions through the parties as it would become boring if i had to make several items the same and it would mean people aren't buying unique items. Also buy running the parties on an open house basis allowing people to pop in when they can i have time to chat, i don't play games or quizzes and serve tea and biscuits, or home made mince pies.

This year i am hoping to sell wire work christmas tree decorations too...
                  I would definatly recommend giving it a go

xx Chris

Comment

Wow - you're sooooo organised.

Very good advice for someone that keeps a nice tidy home but what would a slob like me do - you can't move in my living room for work stuff....

And please...... no comments like "How about sorting it all out" ....... I've recently bought a huge tool box on wheels and some of those shelf thingies that have tons of little plastic drawers in them but its such a daunting task that I haven't got round to starting it. I wish you could buy motivation as easy as you can buy beads.
                    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Originally posted by auntynet View Post
                      Wow - you're sooooo organised.

Very good advice for someone that keeps a nice tidy home but what would a slob like me do - you can't move in my living room for work stuff....

And please...... no comments like "How about sorting it all out" ....... I've recently bought a huge tool box on wheels and some of those shelf thingies that have tons of little plastic drawers in them but its such a daunting task that I haven't got round to starting it. I wish you could buy motivation as easy as you can buy beads.

I forgot to mention that i had to spend a couple of days tidying up and moving stuff out of the front room before hosting the party!

Comment

ooh I've done loads of these, due to hubby being in the forces I had a great source of customers. I used to hold them for charity events, my daughters nursery would organise a ladies night I would arrive set all my jewellery and cards up and tally up the sales at the end of the night. For a charity event I would give them 15% of sales plus hold a raffle where they got the takings but for every day customers they would get 10% to spend on jewellery , a pair of earings for hosting the event and if other people book a party on their night an extra gift. They are real good fun and a great way to advertise your wares
                        Ger xx

My Blog

www.cullen-crafts.co.uk

Comment

I have held jewellery parties in the past to sell my stuff. I literally covered a table in some nice black cloth to offset the pieces, laid it all out with prices, then gave a brief chat going through some of the main pieces about whether it is sterling silver/ what kind of beads/ whether they are available to order in any other bead combos or colour combos then let people try them on (it's good to have lots of mirrors to hand) most people don't need much encouragement.

I also made show I had nice gift bags and wrapped each item in tissue paper which is really cheap to pick up and just looks really professional, then added a little home-made business card too incasen anyone else wanted to book one (I offer a 15% discount on the purchases of the next party holder if they book that way).

Hope this helps - you should def have a go

Comment

Timing

I just would add if you do a party it is a good idea to get your timing right. People generally spend more at the end of the month when they have been paid, in the run up to Christmas and in Spring when the coats come off and the sun shines. An event like the X Factor final on TV will also be likely to affect sales.
                            Chris W.
                            x
                            Gemstone Jewellery and Gifts

Comment

Hi. I've had a few very successful jewellery parties at other people's houses in the last year, but have only recently thought of having one at my house. I wasn't sure if this is generally the done thing. But I might now consider it more seriously.

My main concern is that people won't turn up

But hey, I suppose I have nothing to lose and if nobody turns up, I'll just drink all the wine I bought for the party all by myself
                              Magriet

www.babushkajewellery.co.uk
                              http://babushkajewellery.blogspot.com/
                              http://en.dawanda.com/user/BabushkaJewellery

Comment

Working...
                              X