Beading

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beading

I am having a go at beading but have not found an ideal way to join a thread. I have tried knotting but then I can't hide the knot as it jams the hole which has to be used several times. So far I have just sewn it it well but I am not convinced it is a good way and my necklace wont end up unravaling.
    Any tips
    craftcellar.co.uk
    facebook.com/craftcellar
    twitter.com/craftcellar

what sort of beading are you doing?
    what thread/wire and style etc.
    i am sure someone will be able to help you once we know more!
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign
      what sort of beading are you doing?
      what thread/wire and style etc.
      i am sure someone will be able to help you once we know more!
      Agreed! although if it's seed beading type of jewellery, I won't be able to help! the're way too small for me!

Comment

It IS seed beading with nymo thread and beading needle. Its like a twist effect so there is no way you can use one long length of thread as it goes back on itself a lot. You have to join in a thread so just wondered if there was a recommended way of doing it instead of just blagging it like I am now. I may be doing it right, time will tell (if the finished product stays intact!)
        Thanks
        craftcellar.co.uk
        facebook.com/craftcellar
        twitter.com/craftcellar

Comment

I've got a book that tells you exactly what to do on this one - I can dig it out if you like and quote from it..but I'm afraid it will have to wait now til Tuesday as I'm off to do a craft fair for the next 3 days.......:-)
          Liz

EA Cards and Crafts
          Huge choice of papercraft, jewellery and wedding products! Full papercrafts catalogue available.
          www.eacardsandcrafts.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Liz. I don't mind waiting. Good Luck at the craft fair
            craftcellar.co.uk
            facebook.com/craftcellar
            twitter.com/craftcellar

Comment

Take a needle that's threaded with a new thread and tie a knot at the end of the thread. glue the knot with a tiny dab of glue and cut so that there are no loose ends.
              thread the new needle through the llast three or four beads following the track of the old thread.
              tie the new and old thread together in a knot and dab with glue carry on threading on the new beads (use both the new and old threads for a short while and then cut off the old thread (be careful to make sure you cut the right one!

I would recommend a book called the basics of bead stringing by Debbie Kanan. ( I have it on my online store and I am sure it is available in other online stores too.) it's a great guide to the techniques used in all sorts of beading projects.

Comment

Thanks BBD thats really helpful, I'll have a go with that technique.
                craftcellar.co.uk
                facebook.com/craftcellar
                twitter.com/craftcellar

Comment

let us know how you get on!

Comment

Working...
                  X