Solid circles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solid circles

Can anyone tell me where i can get solid circle of silver wire? Reasonably thick. All sizes, but preferably large for large pendants.
    Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Anyone? I know its a long shot and i hate to bump threads but i am at a loss!
    Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

Bit puzzled, are you talking about something to use as a bezel? To me a solid circle is a jump ring!

Comment

Lol i guess it could be a jump ring but it needs to much bigger. Do they come in larger sizes? I guess im after something a bit more......fancy than a jump ring. About 5cm diameter ish.

Comment

I just had to look up what a bezel was lol. Its not what im after i dont htink. I dont want to set any stones in it.

All i need is a round bit of thick wire. I know i could probably make it myself but it needs to be thick and solid and strong to wind wire around it and im not too good at getting perfectly round circles of wire anyway. I also dont have very thick wire.
          Last edited by handcrafted; 02-06-2008, 12:00 PM.

Comment

I found some 1.5mm silver wire on ebay so il try to make them myself.

Comment

Its not to hard to make them. Just wrap the wire round anything I use steel rods but felt tip pens are good, make sure you wrap it round till it overlaps then cut it clean with a saw or dremel with a cutting disk

Comment

Are you planing on wrapping the wire across the out side of the ring or around the wire that forms the circle?
                At 5cm you could look at curtain rings as an alternative.
                "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
                my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

I wanted a solid ring, but if i make my own il need to wrap it and just make a loop on the top to add the chain to. Its for making pendants.

I guess you wouldnt see the ring as i want to wrap wire. So curtain rings might work!

Comment

you could even use the wooden ones. I've seen them on sale at wilkos. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wooden-Curtain...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Oh they would be good for lots of things!

Comment

Always think out side the box you never know what might come in handy. trawl the diy sections for little unusual things to use.

Comment

hey go to cooksons gold website- have all sorts of thickness of silver wire.
                          www.clarenash.co.uk

Comment

I was looking for something like that the other week to try and make a bag with, i was going to use them to attach the straps to the bit where you put the kitchen sink in!
                            I like to make things - usually a mess!
                            Please look at my stuff and let me know what you think!
                            http://elephantfrills.blogspot.com/

Comment

Take it you never found any then

Comment

Working...
                              X