Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheaper alternative

Hi,

What could I use which is a cheaper alternative to softflex?

Thanks, Lou :-)
    A fresh and funky collection of handmade jewellery

www.raspberry-bloom.co.uk

Lots of cheaper alternatives around but you lose quality and strength as a result. Having tried them all, Softflex is the only medium that I would ever use. What are you paying for your softflex? there may be a cheaper outlet for it.

Comment

Soft Flex 49 Strand Beading Wire - 30 ft Grey .019 Diameter - £12.40 from Jules Gems.

Comment

Hi Lou

I use Beadalon as well as Softflex and find it to be quite strong.

You can purchase Softflex 49 strand 30ft from www.jillybeads.co.uk for £9.46. The 21 strand is £7.76.

HTH
        www.trinity-jewellery.co.uk

Trinity Jewellery
        Designs That Stand Out

Comment

Thank you, that will say me a few pennies!

Lou

Comment

I order in the 100ft lengths from this ebay seller.
            http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Bead-Orders...Q3amesstQQtZkm
            Way more cost effective.

I've been in touch with Softflex themselves but the wholesale discount is more expensive than this ebay seller..................strange but true.

Comment

I've got some tigertail which is very similar to Soft Flex and I advertise it as ''very soft'' as it's unbranded, but definitely closer to Soft Flex than tigertail (which can be quite jumpy and kink easily).
              They only do 3 colours: grey silver, gold and black. It's 20 meter roll for £7.50. I am using this as an alternative to Soft Flex, especially for classes. I wouldn't use tigertail for classes as I find more difficult to handle than this ''very soft'' wire.

How many meters is 100ft? I never thought of stocking Soft Flex in rolls of 100ft... but I suppose 30ft doesn't go very far....
              Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Bea
                I've got some tigertail which is very similar to Soft Flex and I advertise it as ''very soft'' as it's unbranded, but definitely closer to Soft Flex than tigertail (which can be quite jumpy and kink easily).
                They only do 3 colours: grey silver, gold and black. It's 20 meter roll for £7.50. I am using this as an alternative to Soft Flex, especially for classes. I wouldn't use tigertail for classes as I find more difficult to handle than this ''very soft'' wire.

How many meters is 100ft? I never thought of stocking Soft Flex in rolls of 100ft... but I suppose 30ft doesn't go very far....
                100 feet is 30.48 metres. I usually order 2 or more rolls of each .24 .19 & .14 so the 30ft rolls really are not cost effective for the amount I use. you can also get 1000ft rolls but that doesn't come up often! I keep meaning to try the Soft Touch version.

Comment

Bead stringing

I've got an old school friend who I bumped into a coule of years ago at a craft fair, she's a mad jewellery maker too, she can get beading stuff much cheaper than in some of the shops, I know she's selling on ebay, I buy my stringing stuff direct from her, it might be worth a look, her ebay name is glitzy-chicks, I get my beadalon and softflex direct from her a bit cheaper, it might be worth giving it a try, I can't remember her prices but it's worth a look if you end up saving a few pennies!

Comment

This thread is from April 2006!
                    Cake Toppers http://huntersdesigns.co.uk
                    My etsy http://peculiarforest.etsy.com
                    My Blog http://peculiarforest.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                    X