Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urbtaf
    replied
    Done it . its hard work. A cheap way of cutting is buy an electric wet tile saw from most DIY stores, cost £20 to £30 cut a rough shape then use the side of the blade to grind down the cab. not very health and safety but quite quick. Machine Mart sell clark blades at a reasonable cost, it must be the solid blade.
    I spend about 8 hours a week cutting stone and have used 2 of these saws in 3 years, not bad value

Leave a comment:

• seraph
    replied
    thanks, I will try it on something low grade to see what happens. I have some setters wax that is microwaveable. Thanks I saw some diamond cutting wheels recently for dremels but didnt purchase one. They were about £4.00 each and wasn't sure if it was worth it?

Leave a comment:

• chris-boland
    replied
    as long as your using diamond burrs and you take it steady. use lots of water to keep the stone cool. the drill will be ok with it though, i recon. hold the stone with setting wax on a stick.

Leave a comment:

• seraph
    started a topic can a dremel be used to cut Cabochons?

can a dremel be used to cut Cabochons?

is it possible to cut cabs with a dremel?

for example, if you decided to put a pattern into a cabochon can it be done with this tool? I have some various burrs but wasnt sure if it would work on this.

Thanks
Working...
X