Main items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main items

What are your main items of jewellery making? Pliers, wire, beads, stones..?
    Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

id like to know the answer to this as im planning to kit myself out for my birthday or my daughters will be all i have at the moment is a pair of round nosed pliers and a few beads and wire
    Jan xx

http://craftyjan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Basics

I use flat nose pliers, several different crimp tools, wire cutters, beading wire, elastic, memory wire, clasps, headpins, jump rings, ear wires, spring rings, chain, gemstones, swarovski crystals and spacer beads. I sometimes experiment with other items and as I do jewellery repairs keep a stock of odds and ends because you never know when you might need them.
      Chris W.
      x
      Gemstone Jewellery and Gifts

Comment

Do you find the crimp tools are better? Iv been using flat nosed pliers to squash them.
        Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

For a new starter I would recommend the following as basics:

Round Nose Pliers
          Chain Nose Pliers
          Cutter Pliers
          Flat nose Pliers
          Crimping Pliers (optional)

headpins
          eyepins
          earring findings
          clasps
          jump rings
          tiger tail
          wire
          nylon
          faux suede thong (good for pendant stringing)
          cord ends/tips
          crimps
          beads/pendants

....that should be enough to geta few projects on the go !

p.s. oh - and a little look at my you tube vids to help with techniques
          Mel

Comment

Working...
          X