Displaying earrings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displaying earrings

I am selling at a fair soon and have aswell as othehr things about 60 pairs of earrings to display. Some are dangly, some arent dangly. Whats the best way to display them, flat out, in boxes, hanging. Obvisouly as I have so many pairs Im not going to be able ti have earring trees for each pair. What do you use for earrings displays?

The same

I have the same question. Until now I just displayed only few on trees and the rest on boxes but unfortunately those on boxes do not attract attention.
    Visit my shop:House of Cherilli
    Celebrity inspired jewellery

Comment

displaying earrings

we found peg board good, get some ordingary peg board cut iit into what shape you want, paint it, varnish or w.h.y and hooked earrings hang nicely and also the pin and butterfly . they look nice and display well,

jenn

Comment

Dear Jenn, How we should display hoops ? Specially the small ones they do not hook up to a pegboard, do they?
        Visit my shop:House of Cherilli
        Celebrity inspired jewellery

Comment

what is a peg board?

Comment

earring display

charlotte, do you have pin with butterfly on your hoops or plain earring hooks that attach to your actual earring, either way we just either hook the earring hook through the hole in the pegboard or put the pin through as you would your ear and then put the butterfly at the back.

laura ,peg board is a sort of hardboard with lots of small holes in, available from diy shops ie focus, homebase or anywhere that sells stuff like that. you usually have to buy a 8 x 4 sheet whioch is very cheap about £8 I think from memory and then cut it to what size you want. I actually have some in my kitchen on the wall and have pegs in to hang kitchen spoons etc on, its really useful stuff. you can paint it, varnish it or just leave it plain, one side is smooth the other roughish. We make like a photo frame back to stand up, ie a piece of wood attached to a hinge and a piece of string on the base so it cant slip right down flat. Hope that helps, if you dont understand please let me know as I am probably not good at explaining things.

jenn

Comment

Hi,
              I had this same problem with my earrings as I have about 100 pairs on display these days. I actually manged to find an opening display case which has black padded inserts in each side. I have pinned black string across in rows and hang all the earrings on their display cards. This way I just shut the box and off i go! I used to spend ages packing up each pair into plastic zippys, it took for ever to set up/pack away. I think you can get these display cases (not the ones with glass doors) in various places, although mine is a handmade one which i was lucky to find (and it saved my poor husband a whole weekend of making one for me!).

Kez

Comment

Hope I'm not too late to try and help you.

I display earrings by hanging them from the rim of a crystal desert glass or wine glass. Sometimes, depending on the stem and bowl shape of the glass/dish, you can stack 2 or 3 on top of each other to make a tower but you have to make sure they're secure so your customers don't knock them over.

You can pick old crystal glasses and dishes up really cheap in the charity shops, give them a good wash and make sure you dry them properly with a soft cloth to make them sparkle.
                Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Earring Display

I use a similar method but clear perspex bridges turned on their side. Otherwise I put them in clear packets in a basket because I have noticed that customers enjoy foraging. In fact I think I sell more out of the basket.
                  Chris W.
                  x
                  Gemstone Jewellery and Gifts

Comment

For danglies I've made little display hangers from black card. I take a strip of card and use a rectangle punch to punch a "frame" in the top third of the strip. Then I use a tiny hand punch to make two little holes above the top of the fraame to hang the earring wire from. Fold the strip into a triangle and tape it so that it stands. Difficult to explain but easy to do!
                    Heather
                    Artisan Glass Beads & Jewellery
                    www.BumpyBeads.co.uk
                    http://www.etsy.com/shop/BumpyBeads

Comment

Originally posted by Chris W View Post
                      I use a similar method but clear perspex bridges turned on their side. Otherwise I put them in clear packets in a basket because I have noticed that customers enjoy foraging. In fact I think I sell more out of the basket.
                      I think you made a good point there about customers enjoying a good rummage, I think pyschologically we expect a bargain when everything is thrown in together.
                      www.littlebead.blogspot.com
                      www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Working...
                      X