saw frame but wont accept saw blades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saw frame but wont accept saw blades

I have a vallorbe saw frame rubber handled. (non adjustable). I dont know if its just me but the blades super glardon wont stay in the saw frame. Ive tried tightening the blades via instructions but the blades wont stay in the bottom of the frame. They drop out the top stays tight.lol. I sat today thinking oh come on this has to be a joke. could my vallorbe really be faulty? I've used varoius saw frames before including vallorbe no problems thus far.

Im thinking its broken and it means digging out the receipt again grrr! but ive heard such rave reviews on vallorbe I'd be shocked if it really is faulty.opinions needed.

Thanks
    Last edited by seraph; 24-05-2008, 07:40 PM. Reason: spellings

Say what?

Comment

say what?

does anyone actually make jewellery on this forum? all i keep getting is replies that are un helpful.

I'm in the wrong place. The replies are stupid.

perhaps I should reply say what. really rude. this forums a joke

Comment

Hi, are you tensioning the saw properly? Sorry if some replies are unhelpful. It is a right pain when a tool won't work properly.
        http://www.westofscotlandcraftfairs.com

Comment

Originally posted by seraph View Post
          say what?

does anyone actually make jewellery on this forum? all i keep getting is replies that are un helpful.

I'm in the wrong place. The replies are stupid.

perhaps I should reply say what. really rude. this forums a joke
          You are on a CRAFT forum. Don't get all uppity just because we don't have a city & guilds certificate in jewellery making terminology. You may have a vallorbe, but I have a ban button. Get down off your high horse.

Comment

have you checked for any bits of broken saw blade in the tightening nut. that happened to me and i was stumped for a while! try taking it apart and seeing if theres not any flash or bits of metal on the screw thread.

how long have you had the saw?

Chris

Comment

Tension

Maybe you have put to much tension on the blade? or not enough? It can be hard getting it right especially when its a new type of saw which you haven't used before. And check there isn'nt any debris obstructing the screws. I always get frustrated when that happens and end up tightening up the screws with pliers and then breaking my blade
              www.clarenash.co.uk

Comment

its not that when you said say what. it made me feel like you were talking down to me and that my post was stupid. So i got grumpy & a friend had nit picked me that day. I cant claim
                to know all about jewellery or to be this amazing picasso of an artist (I wish!) and I dont consider Vallorbe to always be the best. (just cos someone says they are dont necessarily mean it. sorry. I felt like throwing the saw against the wall. I guess I was having an artistic moment. or I need some femenax. lol.

I checked the saw and there is no saw blade stuck in it. I sent for some blades that are from the us art d'form silver. and they lock into the saw fine without budging. oddly the super glardon vallorbe blades dont fit the saw!

Comment

.................I can live with 'artistic moment'!

Comment

Hi Seraph,
                    I decided to buy the Vallorbe saw frame 3 years ago, having sucessfully used a bog standard frame for 13 years. I tried to use the Vallorbe the other day as I could not find either of my other two frames ( messy workshop + gremlins) and yet again I could not get it to grip the sawblade. I really don't need that sort of stress at the bench so I persuaded the Gremlins to return my good old saw frame.

Perhaps one day I will be able to find a deluxe frame which does not have me reaching for the Valium.

I don't know If I have a dud or if if it is an intelligence test which I am failing but unless anyone else out there has better advice, I would return it and buy yourself something nice, another tool perhaps ........

(from a commited tool-a- holic) Ruth.

Comment

Ty for the welcome,

I have e-mailed vallorbe with no reply and same with the site that sold me the saw frame. (surprise,surprise!). I am glad but not glad its only me with the problem. Do you think we should get in contact with vallorbe further?.
                      I took the frame into a D.I.Y shop and they got it to work ok.
                      here's the method used. 1)remove the blue handle before threading the blade teeth upright awayfrom the frame into the base of the silver frame. make sure it's lined up with the black screw nut. lean against bench peg so blade is tight and hand tighten the silver nut. (whew....)
                      2) Thread the top part of the blade into the top hole and align with the black screw nut there.should be able to see this on the outside of the saw frame. Then push the frame against the bench peg or hand to force the blade in and tighten the screw. he some cheapo blades im not sure what they were but just normal d.i.y piercing blades. I read on the website the blades must be 150mm to stay in the frame. (in other words the frame is faulty but we cant fix it...too bad). hmmph. the person at the D.I.Y pushed the frame so it was a little smaller! I dont advise trying this as the frame could warp out of shape but perhaps just a little nuge to push the frame tighter might be ok.

ok, looked great when he tried it then I tried it later 10th try worked fine. ive locked the saw blade in and its staying there. (I hope unless it snaps when cutting the metal)

I do have another saw as a standby that accepts broken saw blades the frame adjusts up and down. I find it easier to undo the nuts on this but, I don't like the way you thread the blades in.

I hope thats readable.

Comment

I was tought to tension the blade into the frame by pushing the frame againstthe work bench to atach it. The tighter the blade the better the cut.
                        "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
                        my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Thats how I tension the blade too. I just use a normal bog standard saw- it does the jobby fine.
                          www.clarenash.co.uk

Comment

Vallorbe is the best, But ...

But i had exctly the same trouble with my saw, and i had used it only for a week. Was so pissed you have no idea, since it cost 3 times more than Antilope for instance.
                            I left it to rest for several years, and recently found it and decided to dismontal it, the priblem was the opposite side of where you tighten the blade was not tight , and thats why it wasnt holding. Now i use it every day
                            Magic in your life: www.velango.com
                            Fine jewellery : www.trinketsltd.com

Comment

google search bagisgood,
                              all sizes of purse frames

Comment

Working...
                              X