Thought I'd say Hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought I'd say Hi

Seeing as jewellery is my main craft, I think I'll be spending most of my time in this subforum. So, I just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Adele, 16, go to college, and I run my own jewellery business, when I'm not busy with coursework. I mainly try to re-create vintage pieces but with a quirky style, and I make sure all of my pieces come with a story, true or make-believe. Looking forward to making some friends on here, thanks for reading.
    www.thetrinketmonster.blogspot.com (:

Good luck with ur biz love !

Comment

Hello &

I replied to your PM too
      Av xx
      Sprinkles Sparkles

Comment

Hello and welcome

Hi there, welcome to the forum. Your stuff sounds really interesting to me. I make jewellery using reclaimed vintage, retro and other recycled beads.

Just one concern of mine is that when you tell a not so true story, please make sure the person buying knows this, as some people do get funny about it. I'm sure you do know, but you can get into trouble if you say something is vintage and it's not pre 1930's (i think). I've seen alot of people saying their stuff is vintage when its obviously not. Which I personally think is unfair - anyway that's just an issue of mine, it's not directed at you!

Good luck with it and would love to see some pics one day.

Marie
        Ivory Bird Jewellery Blog
        Facebook Page
        Vintage Emporium Shop

Comment

Welcome!

Visit my blog!
          http://peggycrafts.blogspot.com/

www.peggycrafts.co.uk

Etsy shop:
          www.peggycrafts.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Minky Magic View Post
            Hi there, welcome to the forum. Your stuff sounds really interesting to me. I make jewellery using reclaimed vintage, retro and other recycled beads.

Just one concern of mine is that when you tell a not so true story, please make sure the person buying knows this, as some people do get funny about it. I'm sure you do know, but you can get into trouble if you say something is vintage and it's not pre 1930's (i think). I've seen alot of people saying their stuff is vintage when its obviously not. Which I personally think is unfair - anyway that's just an issue of mine, it's not directed at you!

Good luck with it and would love to see some pics one day.

Marie
            No, I didn't mean like that. I'm not that kind of girl! - I hate when people say stuff is "Vintage 30's?" etc.

Example ... for my "Parisian Romance" pendant the card that comes with it says "Wear this ... to remind you true love is still alive" and it'll have a poem or quote relating to paris/romance just to make it more personal. Or if I've sourced the components from a cool place, it'll be mentioned on the card.

Sorry for the confusion. [:

Comment

I stand corrected...again!

Thanks for clearing that up Adele, the comment wasn't really pointed directly at you, just having a rant in general!! Your stuff really does sound lovely!
              Enjoy your time in the forum!
              Ivory Bird Jewellery Blog
              Facebook Page
              Vintage Emporium Shop

Comment

No, I know
                I just didn't want you to think I may have ill intentions. There's lots of dodgy people around, after all. Who give everyone else a bad name.

Also, your stuff is beautful, too!.

Comment

That sounds so cool, good luck with it! I also make jewellery and am also just starting out but love everything about it.

My friend is really in to vintage stuff and gets her clothes from vintage places. She has asked me to make her some vintage jewellery but the only place I have found the beads that I like are in the US and I am worried about getting caught out with the tax. Do you know of any UK suppliers? Thank u
                  www.sparklehandmadejewellery.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by *karen* View Post
                    That sounds so cool, good luck with it! I also make jewellery and am also just starting out but love everything about it.

My friend is really in to vintage stuff and gets her clothes from vintage places. She has asked me to make her some vintage jewellery but the only place I have found the beads that I like are in the US and I am worried about getting caught out with the tax. Do you know of any UK suppliers? Thank u
                    Well ... you can buy cool looking beads from charity shops. I bought a faux pearl necklace from there and cut the string to get the beads, because the beads were a real old fashioned style and looked really cool. I got a large bag because of that, and it only cost me £1! you can find cool brooches and cameo pins/charms at car boots and church table top sales. Which are sometimes old-ish. If you're prepared to browse around, you can get more genuine vintage looking stuff for a good price, rather than the shop bought, mass-produced stuff which looks a bit naff. (If you're going to sell in your shop, make sure you state the jewellery is of a vintage "style") you can search for vintage style charms/pendants on eBay.co.uk which come at a good price.

Phew, I write too much.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Hi Adele It's so good to hear of a young lady like yourself working so hard not only at college but already up and running with your jewellery business. I am sure that you are going to have huge success in life and I wish you well with your enterprise. i also make jewellery, mostly knitted and crocheted wire at the moment.
                      www.littlebead.blogspot.com
                      www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Welcome Adele - your work sounds great. I am a card maker and am in awe of those of you making jewellery. Enjoy the forum.
                        Cynthia
                        http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

Aw, thank you. You're all so nice. [: & the crochet jewellery sounds so cool! I just started crocheting - I might have a go at some Amigurumi plushies if I get good enough. But, I have a lot of crochet jewellery myself. It's so nice.

Comment

Hi there and welcome to the forum

Your jewellery sounds lovely, and the write up about the piece you've made is a great idea.

Stick to describing items as 'vintage style' which should be fine

Good Luck

Debbie
                            www.beadservice.net
                            On-line bead supplier and bead lover

Comment

Welcome. Lots of good stuff on here. Good luck with your business too!
                              Rachie

Comment

Working...
                              X