Brushstokes on Wine Glasses- Please Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brushstokes on Wine Glasses- Please Help

Hi All, wasnt sure if this should be here or on the painting section. For my sons wedding they are having wine glasses with their guests names etched on and the base painted as their favours. In my trial I have used the Pebeo Vitrea 160 amaranthine glossy and purple shimmer on 2 separate glass bases. The glossy is the best colour but I seem to have quite a few brushstrokes. I know there a quite a few of you out there who might be able to tell me how to minimise, if not irradicate these. It may have been covered on a previous thread but I've not been able to find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to ruin the day with badly painted glasses. Thanks in advance. Karen

hi Karen
    Normally you can achieve less brush stroke effect by varyiong the type of paint brush you use and making sure you paint quickly and with plenty of glass paint. it's trial and error, but you can always add a second layer of paint.
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Thanks so much Beads by Design. never thought of varying the paintbrush....quite new to this glass painting experience, but really enjoying it & the results (though not perfect) do look quite good. Thanks for the help, will get some more paintbrushes later today & give it a go. x

Comment

would love to see some photos of what you are doing.

Comment

Photo's, I hope

Hi Beads by Design, I hope i've attached some photos for you to look at. They're not the best but should give you an indication. As you can see the theme is Cadbury's purple. If you could give me your honest opinion I'd be grateful. x I know that they're only block colour at the moment but would love to be able to produce some 'proper' decorated glasses one day!!
          Attached Files

Comment

They look great. I did a tiara set for a cadburies purple wedding last year. I love the jewel tones!

Comment

Aww thank you. The colour is great but the FDIL has gone with the glossy one, which is much more Cadbury purple that the other one (so don't blame her), but it's the one that is giving me trouble with the brushstokes!!!!

Comment

Use your brush in a stippling manner and the marks won't show!!

Comment

Thanks Glynisrose, will give it a try. x

Comment

What type of brush are you using? there are some brushes to use that can minimize the brushstokes, as what I see to the photo the personalized wine glasses looks beautiful.
                    Live, Laugh, Love

Comment

Working...
                    X