X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good idea to sell?

Hello all,

I would like to receive your feedback in this matter:

I make decorative glass dishes with napkins and not sure if they are good or nice enough to sell them. I use them at home for decoration or some of them to serve desserts for instance. See attached some pictures:

CM001.JPGCM010.JPGCG001.JPGCG004.JPGCP003.JPGCP004.JPGCP005.JPG

Do you think I have chances to sell them?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by macalic; 16-01-2013, 10:39 AM.

I like them, you should put some out there and see how they go.
    James
    www.facebook.com/CraftyCath

Comment

I like them. How much would you have to charge to make them commercially viable?

Comment

I love them! I think they would definitely sell. My favorite is the cupcake one

Katie

Comment

Are they transfer slips? if so you might have to check if you can sell them without braking any copyrights.

or are they handpainted?

Very pretty btw
          So many projects, so little time

http://folksy.com/shops/eileenscraftstudio

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fol...92535377497013

Comment

Originally posted by aisles View Post
            Are they transfer slips? if so you might have to check if you can sell them without braking any copyrights.

or are they handpainted?

Very pretty btw
            __________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Thanks, I buy napkins in shops such as Zara Home, so good point about the copyright. How or wh rere can I check if I break any copyright?

Best regards.

Comment

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Thanks. The price would depend on the plate size. I've been making some numbers and it could be from 4£ the smallest (15x15cm) to 14£ the largest one (30x30cm).

The problem is the shipping costs that increase the total price a lot. Any of you are having issues to sell craft when shipping costs are similar to the craft price?

Comment

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by macalic View Post
                    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Thanks, I buy napkins in shops such as Zara Home, so good point about the copyright. How or wh rere can I check if I break any copyright?

Best regards.
                    As you've bought them from a shop I would think they'll be copyrighted. You'll have to contact the maker of the napkins. Their company details might be on the packaging or you'll have to go into the shop and speak to their manager/buyer for the maker information.
                    Good luck.
                    So many projects, so little time

http://folksy.com/shops/eileenscraftstudio

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fol...92535377497013

Comment

Thanks, I will do that to be sure everything is OK.

Comment

They are certainly cute but I don't get how you make them? Are the napkins stuck down? How are they sealed? Sorry if I am being a bit thick but I am interested to know because It will also determine how durable they are...
                        Blog: www.covegardennursery.co.uk/garden-nursery-blog/
                        Facebook: Cove Garden Nursery

Comment

How clever - aren't they wonderful! I like them all, especially the animal heads.

Comment

Macalic, is this dye sublimation? There's a small business here making fists full of money making coasters and cutting boards and platters - all glass, using photos they've taken of landmarks and tourist attractions, using dye sublimation...they're a huge success!

Comment

Thanks for your comments, just another question.

I was thinking of setting prices depending on the plate size. I've been making some numbers and it could be from 4£ the smallest (15x15cm) to 14£ the largest one (30x30cm).

The problem is the shipping costs that increase the total price a lot. Any of you are having issues to sell craft when shipping costs are similar to the craft price?

Comment

Working...
                              X