Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• craftdancer2
    replied
    Since the original post was 7 (seven) years ago, I expect the project is completed and in use by now.

Leave a comment:

• Fillip
    replied
    E6800 Industrial Strength I think

Leave a comment:

• glass pitchers
    replied
    I have used WACKER effect is not bad

Leave a comment:

• parsonadhesivesinc
    replied
    I use Epoxy Adhesives as they have excellent adhesion to glass on variety of surfaces.

You can get this adhesive at parsonadhesives.com

Leave a comment:

• janggeungulk
    replied
    The best glue for bonding glass to glass is Gorilla Glue. If anyone looking Best out of waste ideas its here. Its very useful please use it

Leave a comment:

• ilovebuttons
    replied
    i use a glue called "serious" glue. its made by bostik. i use it to stick glass to ceramic, it dries clear and has a silicon feel to it once its is cured.

Good Luck!!

Leave a comment:

• shpangle
    replied
    Just a quick update on this. I tried the Loctite 'Glass Bond' and found the tubes were very small and I was getting through lots of it (I have been gluing a lot of glass). Anyway, I bought some Wilkinsons own label glass glue and it seems to be exactly the same glue and you get more of it for your money! It is brilliant, sets within seconds when exposed to direct sunlight and is very clear.

Mick

Leave a comment:

• carole openshaw
    replied
    I have always found B&Q's own label UV glass glue to work very well

Leave a comment:

• tj1979x
    replied
    Araldite is what we use in museums

Leave a comment:

• guggytza16
    replied
    try silicone. it´s transparent and you can wet it as many times as possible the glass won´t come off

Leave a comment:

• shpangle
    replied
    Originally posted by ginty View Post
    I've been using a UV daylight curing glue called Fixsal for a year or more now with good results. Think it's more trade sizes, but found some 2g syringe versions on ebay which were perfect for me and lasted very well indeed. One thing I've found very useful are those little UV torches, to help get the bond cured very quickly on darker days and night. Helps to save slippages.
    Thank you and great tip about using the UV torches... certainly going to need that judging by the weather we are having.

Mick

Leave a comment:

• ginty
    replied
    I've been using a UV daylight curing glue called Fixsal for a year or more now with good results. Think it's more trade sizes, but found some 2g syringe versions on ebay which were perfect for me and lasted very well indeed. One thing I've found very useful are those little UV torches, to help get the bond cured very quickly on darker days and night. Helps to save slippages.

Leave a comment:

• shpangle
    replied
    Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
    Glass bond
    Available from home base and probably other DIY outlets. Last time I bought some it was in a yellow and black tube.
    Thank you That looks nice and easy to get hold of, assuming its the Loctite stuff.... says it cures by UV rays so fingers crossed we get some sunny days!

Thanks again,

Mick

Leave a comment:

• beadsbydesign
    replied
    Glass bond
    Available from home base and probably other DIY outlets. Last time I bought some it was in a yellow and black tube.

Leave a comment:

• shpangle
    started a topic Best glass glue?

Best glass glue?

Hi all,

I am looking for recommendations for the best glue for bonding glass onto glass (I want to glue some glass beads onto a mirror).... it needs to be very very clear and strong of course.

Many thanks!

Mick
Working...
X