kiln paper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kiln paper

I just done fused glass child ish looking rose with green steam on white background. How do u clean the kiln paper that has like ash paper dusts over kiln base taking out fused glass? I liek to know how since reading they can be dangerous to inhale. I have such a small kitchen!

if u know how please let me know. Not sure if plain damp/cloth okay

Gillian

Hi I know you can buy a dust mask from diy shops, you could hover it up or as I do turn your head hold your breath and tip the shelf over the bin and the dust should slide off.

If you suffer from asthma I would recommend a mask. The hover works well, but do not use a damp cloth as you will need to wait till the shelf compleatly drys before re firing.

I hope this helps
    Ann

Comment

If this is kiln paper on the glass, as long as the glass is completely cold, wash it off with water and use a sponge or something to scrub it off. If the paper has fused to the glass too much and needs something more abrasive then you need to think about coldworking perhaps.
      My Website
      My ArtFire Store
      My Facebook Studio Page

Comment

It is far better to use a shelf when fusing your glass, That way you can assemble directly onto the shelf and also clean the shelf very easily. The best other way is hoovering it!
        Rach

Facebook
        Website
        Blog
        Folksy

Comment

you all have good advice. many thanks

Gillian

Comment

Working...
          X