Glass maker needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass maker needed!

I was speaking to a local stonemason this morning who is looking for a glass item to be incorporated in one of his designs. He's going to give me a more detailed specification when I next see him, but I said I'd see if I could make some initial enquiries on his behalf.

Basically, he needs a clear glass disc about 30mm thick (I'm afraid I don't know the diameter yet). The disc needs to have a red glass butterfly in the middle based on a design he has been asked to work to. The disc will then be 'set into' one of his stone carvings.

If anyone thinks that this sounds like something they might be able to help with, post your details here and I'll get back to you when I have the full details and pattern.

Si.
    Wood Tattoos
    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Twitter

Hi Si,

This sounds like something I could do! Not to give your friend too many options but I have a kiln that's 2m x 1m so could do a circle up to 1m in diameter, possibly bigger than he was looking for! I also do screenprinting on glass so the butterfly could be printed in kiln fired enamel, likewise it could be handpainted. I also do casting, so the entire disc could be cast with the butterfly made more 3D. I have a degree in Architectural Glass and have done a few commissions including currently working on a bowl for a font that will be set into metalwork.

As with most things it's all a question of budget but if it's glass he wants then I can do most things so his imagination can go wild! Please feel free to pass on my website details, which have images of my work and I'm contactable through that too!

All the best,

Rachel Elliott
    My Website
    My ArtFire Store
    My Facebook Studio Page

Comment

Rachel,

I will pass on your details when I next see him, thanks for replying!

Si.
      Wood Tattoos
      Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
      Facebook
      Flickr
      Twitter

Comment

I was going to put forward my details Rachel until I looked at your website! I wish I had your studio, and I wish I lived near you so I could have a proper look at your work!! All I have at the moment is a grinder some glass, a cutter and some etching paste...!
        Blog: www.covegardennursery.co.uk/garden-nursery-blog/
        Facebook: Cove Garden Nursery

Comment

Aww thanks, it's taken a year to get the studio to this point and I dread to think how much money and I still would like a couple more bits of kit but I'm happy with it!

I do teach from the studio so if you are ever up this way, your welcome to pop in for a taster!
          My Website
          My ArtFire Store
          My Facebook Studio Page

Comment

Working...
          X