• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • henna123
    Junior crafter
    • Apr 2009

Hello & Help please!

OK i will try this again as the last post doesnt appear to have gone on!

I am looking to make some glasses for a friends hen part, I have never done this before so it may all go wrong! the design i have seen is below and i am not sure if there is anything available that I can 'print' to then adhere to the glass? I thought about that as it seems to have a frosted square where the writing is.

If that is not possible could you please let me know the best type/place for some glass pens/paints so that i can do a similar design?

Many thanks

Paula
    Attached Files
  • nettie
    Mega Crafter
    • Jul 2008

Hi, I can't help I'm afraid, but just wondered are you making the glasses yourself or are you after the decoration decal things to decorate glasses you have already?
    Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

• henna123
      Junior crafter
      • Apr 2009

hi - i'll buy some plain glasses and want to decorate them with name/date picture x x

thanks

P x

Comment

• dichrofindings
        100+ crafts club
        • Apr 2009

Hi Paula,

You could try etching the area on the glasses where you want to decorate . . or just use glass paint straight onto the glasses.

This site sells Pebeo glass paints . . one of the types they sell . . Vitrea 160 . . can be baked on in an ordinary domestic oven and after baking they're food safe and dishwasher safe . . they're water based and come in a gloss version or a frosted version of the colours . . . http://www.paintforglass.co.uk/

I've used the bake on ones in the past to decorate glass light shades and to add a little extra to my glass art work. They're easy to use . . you can paint them on with artists brushes . . and I've airbrushed them too . . using stencils!

Hope this helps
        Gloria

www.dichro-findings.co.uk
        Etsy Shop
        Artfire Shop
        dichro-findings blog

Comment

• henna123
          Junior crafter
          • Apr 2009

thanks! x x x

Comment