Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on making a photo frame

Hi

I'm new to this forum (and fairly new to stained glass). I'm frantically trying to make a photoframe for valentines. Unfortunately I can't work out how to make it stand up when its finished.

Whats my best bet? Should I use some kind of hinge to make a stand?

Help!

Many thanks

H

Sorry I can't help with your problem but hello and welcome to the forum anyway.
    Diane
    Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Sorry, just a thought (my dad does stained glass, he hasnt done a picture frame) but I was thinking about little boxes that he makes, could you get another small piece of glass which you could solder along the bottom edge to make a sort of base??? I don't know if it would work or could you not get one of those plain glass photo frames and somehow attach your stained glass piece over the top, perhaps by soldering the edges of the two pieces together?

As I say I don't do stained glass, I'm sure a glass person will be along soon to put you right (and prove me wrong lol)
      Diane
      Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Hi,
        I make stained glass photo frames. I make a hinge using a piece of brass tubing which i solder onto the frame, then using some thinner brass tubing I create a hinge bit which slots into the wider brass tube. I use a small piece of chain to stop the hinge opening too wide when its on a surface. It took me a bit of time to get it right, but seems to work for me now.
        Hope this helps.
        sue.

I tried to load a picture on but the file size was too big
        www.artbysusanjefferson.co.uk

Twitter @suecreative

Comment

can you make one to order, i have a photo of me and my dad on holiday green background, i think it would make a nice gift.
          uksewing.com

Comment

HI & welcome to the forum
            Sarah

Comment

Working...
            X