Did I do something wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I do something wrong?

Yesterday I felt brave enough to "cook" my first batch of glass painted with pebeo vitrea paints. I did everything the instructions said to do, made sure the temperature was correct etc but after about 10mins of baking the kitchen was filled with a toxic smell!

I took a risk and left them in for the full 40mins regardless of the smell, and they turned out fine, in fact I was really pleased with them.

But are they supposed to smell like this? It was a bit worrying! I would be glad to hear how other people have found these paints.

Claire x

They do humm-ding!...Don't want ever you do try and economise by putting them in at the same time as food other wise you find (as I did) that your dinner has a lovely 'plasticy' aftertaste.
    Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery & Glass Fusing Blog
    Dichroic Glass Tutorials
    Wholesale Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery

Comment

Lol Glasskanvas cant believe you did that! It surely cant be healthy?! Mind you, I did do that once with fimo!!!

Comment

The fimo smell is worse! It's like living next to a tyre factory baking that stuff!
        Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery & Glass Fusing Blog
        Dichroic Glass Tutorials
        Wholesale Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery

Comment

Yep! it will stink.....Keep your kitchen door shut and the windows open when baking your paint on.

Debbie
          www.beadservice.net
          On-line bead supplier and bead lover

Comment

Working...
          X