Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free box project... step 2

Hi everyone,

firstly may I say a big thanks to you all for the overwhelming interest in my box project. I am really excited about it and I am sure you will all produce fantastic looking boxes in many different designs.

If you missed the original post and would like to get involved you can see it here..

http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthr...ighlight=boxes

Ok, so here is step 2!!

I have the boxes here ready to go. I have 12 different styles. They are all rectangle shaped and each box is approximately 5 inches by 2-3 inches., there or thereabouts! A great size to make lovely keepsake or jewellery boxes etc...

Here's what we need to do for the next step.

1. I need your full name and postal address to send your box out to you. (including any web links etc.. you want me to use when we show off your work!). I could PM you all, but it would take too long. So if you could PM me with your details that'd be great.

Also I don't want this to take you any more time than needed but if you can inlcude a couple of lines about yourself, e.g. your crafting spe******t area or interest etc... Many of you have a little blurb on your websites that will be perfect. It'll help me later when I am showing off your work if I can include a few details. Just a couple of lines is fine!

2. When I get your details I will send your box to you that you can decorate in any style you wish.

3. I will also include a sheet for you that explains how to document your 'how I made my box' instructions and what to do with photos that you take etc.. once you have finished decorating your box. (Remember the idea is that you each show off your craft skills/interests by giving a step by step guide to how you created your fab decorated box).

4. When your box is finished... you can keep it! That's your reward for contributing to the project. All I need back from you are your instructions and photos.

5. I will give more details on the next steps soon. Basically I will use the box making guides and photos to include in our newsletter, and in our new blog we are building. I will credit your work whenever it is used and include links to any sites/blogs etc.. that you give me. I will also show them off here in the forum so we can all see the wonderful creative ideas you have all come up with!

6. The objective of the project is, of course, to have some fun making the boxes but also help promote our crafting creativity to others who will visit your websites etc.. and look at more of your work.

As soon as I get your details I will post out your box.

Again many thanks to you all for getting involved in this project. I know it will be a success and we can all help promote our crafts together.

Steve
    Handmade woodcrafts - relaunching soon.
    www.kipperworkshops.com[COLOR=Blue]
    Best range of wooden craft shapes and cutouts.[SIZE=2]

Whooo!!

Will send you all the necessary bits later!

Can't wait!!

Comment

have just PM you
      while i knit i think

http://foxyscraftythoughts.blogspot.com

http://thecraftyfox.misi.me.uk

Comment

getting really excited now!
        have sent Pm with relevant details.!

i know you've said your sending an instruction sheet, but just to know in advance, will you be wanting stage photos or just the finished article?

]

Comment

Hi, yep I will send out details with each box. But, yes, stage photos are exactly what I would like, that is my goal! The idea is to show each important step in the proces so that someone could follow the creation of the box you have decorated.

Hope that makes sense.

Yep I am excited too, can't wait to see what you all come up with, it's going to be brill!!

Steve

Comment

woohoooo I have sent my PM, I have done step by step projects for magazines before so will detail all my steps with ' how to's ' as needed.
            Vendi..Verdi..Visa...
            I came..I saw..I shopped

Comment

Hi everyone,

thanks to those who have PM'd me with postal details. I will get your boxes out to you shortly.

Don't forget that I need them so I can send out your box and instructions for the next steps. See the details at the start of this post.

Many thanks everyone. Keep those postal details coming and I will get you box out to you so you can get stuck in decorating it!! I can't wait to see what you all come up with!!!

Steve

Comment

Just sent you a PM. Can't wait to have a go.
                Amanda
                xx

Comment

Just got your message, will PM you my details shortly!

Si.
                  Wood Tattoos
                  Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                  Facebook
                  Flickr
                  Twitter

Comment

Name and shame... just kidding!!!

Hi everyone,

just a little update to let you all know where we are up to on the fantastic box decorating project.

The crafters below are in. I have your details and your box will be on it;s way to you very soon.

Ethel & Edna
                    Kay
                    Craftyfoxni
                    Wood tattoos
                    Tiptop
                    Colourart
                    Ilovecrafts
                    Crafty-clarie
                    Swirlyarts
                    Curlyfries
                    Katianne

Welcome aboard!!!

There are still another 12 of you who wanted to get involved but I need your details so I can post out your box to you.

PM me as soon as you can.

Thanks so much to all those who are giving this a go. It's very exciting!!

Steve

Comment

Excellent news, will be waiting by the letterbox with anticipation each day!

Si.
                      Wood Tattoos
                      Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                      Facebook
                      Flickr
                      Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by woodtattoos View Post
                        Excellent news, will be waiting by the letterbox with anticipation each day!

Si.
                        Me too - in a manner of speaking as I'll be at work, but you know what I mean!!

Comment

Hope I am not too late as haven't been about much lately, but just pm'd you. Would be lovely to get to do a wooden box for myself for once!! Really lovely idea!
                          Jo x

For handcrafted wooden gifts and decorations please visit http://www.sommerwood.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Tip Top View Post
                            Me too - in a manner of speaking as I'll be at work, but you know what I mean!!
                            I'll be at work too actually, that's a good point.

Hmm...

Might have to abduct a postman then.

Si.
                            Wood Tattoos
                            Facebook
                            Flickr
                            Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by woodtattoos View Post
                              I'll be at work too actually, that's a good point.

Hmm...

Might have to abduct a postman then.

Si.
                              Yeah, or they might attempt to cram it through your letter box!

Comment

Working...
                              X