Clear All

• Ifor-Jones
    replied
    How did it go?

Leave a comment:

• Focus on Life
    replied
    Oh best of luck with it, I hope it goes really well

I cant wait to hear more actually, have been wondering about how to/whether to try and get into some local interest groups to try doing some talks

Shaz x

Leave a comment:

• Poppy4lee
    replied
    I think you're so brave, my knees used to knock when I had to give presentations etc. at uni. I really admire you for not only doing it but being able to look forward to it.
    I hope you have a brilliant time - please let us know how you get on.

Leave a comment:

• SusieQ
    replied
    WI

Oh that's brilliant!!! Hope you have a good evening!! You might get some orders!Do a write up on it tomorrow please to tell us how it went!! Sue xx

Leave a comment:

• Tip Top
    replied
    OOhhh - good luck!! Bet you will be fine!!

My kids listed to Virgin Radio and Jacob (2 and a half) can sing along to quite a few tunes hehehehe!!!

They like it or lump it! (Or I told them to walk to nursery (16 miles) if they didn't want the radio on - good mother eh?!!)

Leave a comment:

• loopy lou
    replied
    Well done, enjoy the evening!! & take plenty to sell as you'll be the only one selling-happpy days- hope you sell plenty!! Look on the brite side apart from the drive on your on which you'll enjoy! Your getting your name out there & you never know where it leads!!

Let us know how you get on!!

Leave a comment:

• janetdc
    replied
    That sounds like a good trip. Hey you might even be able to sell some of your stuff to these lovely ladies after you've done your demo!! Good luck and have fun.

Leave a comment:

• colourart
    replied
    Thats sounds like alot of fun actually. I'm sure all the WI ladies will be a good audience.

I know what you mean about the music we're always having to listen to Cbeebies CD or Horrid Henry, my 3 year old doesn't mind a bit of Madonna though.

Leave a comment:

• beadsbydesign
    replied
    Originally posted by swirlyarts View Post
    Ooooh exciting! I like the bit about the having your own music on in the car - I did that the other day when I went to Liverpool!
    i only learnt to drive 3 or 4 years ago and I have to say it is absolutly wonderful to be able to go on your own somewhere with your music blasting out and singing your head off. (with the occassional interuption from the lady on the tomtom!

Leave a comment:

• swirlyarts
    replied
    Ooooh exciting! I like the bit about the having your own music on in the car - I did that the other day when I went to Liverpool!

Leave a comment:

• Debeadz
    replied
    That's great news!

[quote=beadsbydesign;76993]. (before i remembered that the apprentice was on tonight..... anyone know when the repeat is?)
    quote]

You'll be able to watch it on iplayer at your own leisure through your computer

www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer

Leave a comment:

• beadsbydesign
    started a topic I'm going to the WI!

I'm going to the WI!

Tonight i am entering the world of the WI (womens institute). Got a call yesterday asking wheter I'd be prepared to go and give a demonstration about jewellery and tiara making to a group on the other side of Hull because a speaker had pulled out on them. Being ever the "never say no" I agreed (before i remembered that the apprentice was on tonight..... anyone know when the repeat is?)
    Anyway this will be my first Wi event. The ladies are aged 50 -70. i have as yet no plan and am probably going to wing it in my usual style. Normally I'm talking to teenagers and childrens grops and they are so laid back it's lovely. These ladies though, are used to speakers, they are also expecting someone to be talking to them about a visit to the holy land!!
    I am also going to get them to create either a pendant or a pair of earrings. I did one teach a lady of 105 to bead, so they won't be the oldest. Apparently there are 40 of them.
    What I'm gona really enjoy though is that I get to drive in the car an hour each way with my own music on and no one to say "turn it down" or "stop singing"
Working...
X