Card Packaging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Card Packaging

What do you think of this idea of packaging for cards?
    My idea was to, put the card in an envelope like usual, for the person who orders it to write, you know what I mean. Then put it in a cellophane bag, again, as usual. Then, here's the idea. Instead of putting it in a envelope, which is card lined (which are often quite expensive, up to £1 each) you put a piece of stiff card, like the card from the boxes you get when you are moving house, either side of the card, then put it in one of these paper bags http://www.eco-craft.co.uk/acatalog/pointofsale.html (I like the random ones) and fold that up like an envelope.

It would be cheaper than using the special envelopes, and also better for the environment as the card might be re-used and the paper bags are using re-used paper.

You could include a note about why you have used this rather than a regular envelope, ie being better for the environment and stuff.

You could probably use this for other items, not just cards, and use bubble wrap, instead of stiff card.

What do you think? Does it sound a good idea? Or would it look slightly tacky...
    Please let me know!
    Caz
    x

I actually package the card up as normal (with envelope and in a cello bag) then it goes in a padded jiffy bag - I reuse the ones we get from play.com and 7dayshop etc as the address labels come off quite easily and then I print an address label. I also put a piece of card in to act as a stiffener which is slightly larger than the card.

Is that what you meant?!!

Comment

Yeah, pretty much
      Caz
      x

Comment

I think a regular envelope (the ones you buy in packs of 50 for a pound or so) with a piece of cardboard in it would be fine, as long as the edges of the card were cut nice and straight (not raggedly torn) would be fine. You could even print out some sticky labels with your company name on, and a note about recycling to put onto the bit of card?

Comment

Working...
        X