Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

websites. On average how long does it take for customers to purchase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• websites. On average how long does it take for customers to purchase?

Hi There

is anyone else having problems getting peopleto buy off their sites initially?
    Last edited by Jangle; 20-03-2008, 08:46 AM. Reason: rewording

Well, I've had my website up and running since August last year and I get a fairly steady stream of orders - usually following a craft fair. But I do get a lot of requests for special cards (Weddings, Anniversaries and Birthdays etc) with my little people on to look like the recipients.

I'm happy with what I get as I couldn't cope if I had a massive influx as I work full time and have two young boys!!

I'm quite a prolific poster on this forum, I submit articles to the Craft Forum blog too and also onto Craft Juice and I comment on a number of other blogs so this gets TipTopToppers noticed and I think it just goes from there.

Just hang in there!

Comment

Sales Online

Hi Michelle

From my experience it takes about 4-6 months before we started having traffic to each site. Once a new site goes live it can take a number of weeks for the search engines to index your site and a number of months before you start to get picked up on popular keywords.

It seems a long wait but a website is a long term investment so stick in there.
      Suzanne
      Handmade Jewellery | handmade cards

Comment

My first website was live for about a month before I had my first order, but it took about 4-6 months before I had daily orders coming through. I've always linked my other websites (I have 5!!) to the original one so they have got off the ground a bit quicker.

They key though is good SEO and advertising (not jsut online!)
        I LOVE this horse. He makes me laugh every time I see him. He is mine.

www.uniquebeads.co.uk - Swarovski components, including filigrees
        www.starstruck-designs.co.uk - Beautifully handcrafted tiaras, jewellery and other crystal accessories.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for starting this thread. I have just put my own site up and am wondering the same. It takes such a lot of work and you have no idea whether it will work or not. It really is very helpful being on this forum. I have already learned loads of useful things and I can't thank those who reply enough.
          Chris W.
          x
          Gemstone Jewellery and Gifts

Comment

Chris,
            i have sent you an email with details of my how to page...if your interested this should help improve traffic to your site! if any one else would like to add a page in exchange for a few links then let me know...
            i think it worked quite well for tip top!!!!

ta

rach
            Funky jewellery & Luxury handmade greetings cards www.sunbatheintheshade.com

Comment

I would be really interested Sunbathe.....my site is getting hits but needs a revamp to add in e commerce. I am hoping to do this over the next month or so and would find any tips of the trade really useful.

Thanks

Roie

Comment

small party bag tutorial

hey,
                thanks for your message - i relly like your small party bags - ill pm you...we will get you a how to page done before you know it

thanks

rach x
                Funky jewellery & Luxury handmade greetings cards www.sunbatheintheshade.com

Comment

Originally posted by sunbatheintheshade View Post
                  Chris,
                  i have sent you an email with details of my how to page...if your interested this should help improve traffic to your site! if any one else would like to add a page in exchange for a few links then let me know...
                  i think it worked quite well for tip top!!!!

ta

rach
                  I did a pin wheel card tutorial for Rach with a link back to me and my hits went up!! Got another tutorial in the pipeline (just got to put it all together) so shall email it to you middle of next week Rach

Every little helps!

Comment

Working...
                  X