Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie - Selling all my stock of Tiaras!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie - Selling all my stock of Tiaras!!!!

Hi All, Great site, wish I had found this years ago!

I am about to close my business after 6 years of successful trading. I have been running this as a hobby/business but can no longer afford the time. All of my designs are hand made and made using very high quality materials, I m looking for a buyer to purchase all my stock (50 or so tiaras). I work full time, am studying, trying to renovate a house and learning French, there just arent enough hours in the day! I love my craft and I think i am quite good at it, i have Brides come to the house for bespoke tiaras and have made and sold thousands over the years. I'm sad to sell but wont stop making one now and again! If you know of a bridal outlet or wholesaler who may wish to buy, could you please let me know?
    My site is can be found on google under my three wishes tiaras, thanks

Hiya

Sorry, I can't help with buying your tiaras but I did feel that I wanted to say something to you.

I own Starstruck Designs and have admired your work for a while (I think we have been trading about the same length of time). We received an email in the shop (via Wedding Ideas I think), and I was really sad to hear that you are closing. I have seen loads of new "tiara designers" start selling over the last few years, and so many of them are really terrible. It is such a shame that the industry is losing someone who really can design and produce fabulous work.

I hope that doesn't sound patronising, i'm completely sincere when I say that I hope you can pick this up again when life gives you a bit more time!

Best wishes for the future.
    Kerri xx
    I LOVE this horse. He makes me laugh every time I see him. He is mine.

www.uniquebeads.co.uk - Swarovski components, including filigrees
    www.starstruck-designs.co.uk - Beautifully handcrafted tiaras, jewellery and other crystal accessories.

Comment

Wow! Thanks Kerri, I dont know what to say! Your comments are very generous and very kind! I too have been very aware of you and your fabulous work over the last (for me 6 years now) and know exactly what you mean about some of the newer designers.
      Its a hard industry to be in when it becomes so saturated with literally hundreds of competitors, dont get me wrong, competition is no bad thing and keeps you on your toes but it can make it difficult to stay competitive - does that make sense? Anyway, I'm on the look out for a new craft idea and will be staying close to the craft world as I cant give up being keen on creating things, just need an idea or 12 to get me going - eventually! Kerri, you have made my day with your words and I wish you all the success in the world. Thank you.

Comment

Not certain I'll be able to buy them for you, might be, but not yet, not fully set up you see, but I was just wondering how much you were planning to sell them for as you don't mention that in your post
        Caz
        x

Comment

Sorry - I have only just seen your reply (have been cleaning our new house - due to move in 4 days!!)

Anyway, I DO know what you mean, this industry has become far more competitive, and there are days when I see brides wanting tiaras for "silly money" that I wonder why I am still doing this!

I just keep reminding myself that I LOVE what I do, and that every one of my customers must have faith in my work, to send their order in the first place!

If I can EVER help you, please just shout!
          Best of luck to you for the future.
          K xx
          I LOVE this horse. He makes me laugh every time I see him. He is mine.

www.uniquebeads.co.uk - Swarovski components, including filigrees
          www.starstruck-designs.co.uk - Beautifully handcrafted tiaras, jewellery and other crystal accessories.

Comment

Working...
          X