Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blogs - now what?

Hi all,

I've recently set up a blog on which I'm kind of babbling about my jewellery making and my general mood at the time and whatever else pops into my mind. But I can't help but think I'm the only one reading it.

Does anyone else feel like this?

So, what exactly is a blog for and who is it aimed at? And should I be doing something more to promote it?

Sorry, I'm really just starting out at all this promoting/selling on the internet thing so I'm a bit overwhelmed . So glad for this place - it really helps with all my inane questions I have to ask!

Yvonne
    x
    Yvonne
    x

My website: www.mymiyel.com
    My blog: www.mymiyel.blogspot.com

I didnt know what a Blog was until I joined the forum but, as I dont have a website, I'm chuffed with mine just because at the very least it gives me some sort of presence on the big old www

I did a lunchtime display of my samples at a British Gas site before I had a Blog and the amount of people who said "have you got a website?" I think people are so used to going off and looking at your stuff in the privacy & leisure of their own home

Plus, besides lovely Crafts Forum visitors dropping by, I've noticed some people are starting to find me through google searches now so that's promising. And I like the way each of your posts is a separate web-page as far as the www is concerned - someone found me when they were looking for tattoos the other day cos I made a random post - and you never know, they might have just stayed long enough to see what I do?!

Shaz x
    Keepsake Kollections
    & Rossendale Ramblings!
    http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

in answer to your question re, should you be promoting your blog, yes!. best way to do that is find other blogs covering the same design area as you and post lots and lots of comments. post your images on flickr too if you don't already.

blogs can be a very good, free, promotional tool, but only when you make yourself known to the blogging world. people will only start to come to you when you go to them first.
      lucykate crafts... blog

lucykate crafts... on etsy

Comment

Working...
      X