Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed to choose spray adhesive

Morning all,

need Your advice on choosing spray adhesive. My wife is crafting with felt and sometimes needs to glue two felt figures together, fabric glue from B&Q (white, cream like consistency) stays wet even 24hours later.... And i'm in woodworking so mostly using PVA wood glue but again sometimes need to glue two thin plywood figures with lots of small details (cut outs) and it's really painfull to clean all exess glue from all small cutouts.

So we would like to use spray adhesive on our projects, only problem is that spray adhesive i got from Screwfix is spraying glue in "spider web" manner and same as with fabric glue it's wet 24hours later :/

What spray adhesives we could use for felt and wood? We just need normal drying times (not 24 hours ) and that it was sprayed like a mist (as a normal aerosol). Maybe someone could help us?

Many thanks,
    Lucky

I use 3M's corner bead 61 that my supplier stocks for the plastic corner beads. Never tried it on the paper/metal ones. Hmmm. That glue holds the plastic ones on well. Have you considered the set-up where you have a hopper that coats the paper corner bead by just pulling it through. Its fast and quick. A friend of mine uses one, they do bigger jobs than I do so it saves them a lot of time. I saw it in a walls & ceilings ad an issue or two back. I'm sure someone on this site uses one regualarly.

Comment

Hello,

If you are in the UK then I suggest you look at crafters companion for this. They do several sorts, one for fabric, one for paper that is positional and one that it instant grab and more.

I think they sell to the US too, thinking about it.

Hope this helps.
      Have a look here https://www.crafterscompanion.co.uk/...ue-sprays.html

Comment

Working...
      X