Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying craft supplies to use on products for sale, maybe overthinking it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying craft supplies to use on products for sale, maybe overthinking it...

Hi lovely crafters

I am needing a bit of advice. I have seen many beautiful supplies out there and lots of arts and craft stockists , but I am just wondering what the rules are with regards to using certain things like stamps, stickers, 3d butterflies, decoupage papers, mdf cutouts etc in products you sell? I mean what craft items can and can't be used when selling products to the public (as all craft items were designed by other people) even though they won't be sold as is, but as part of another product? Or how can you find out info on what craft brands don't allow it etc.
    I hope I am making sense!

Most craft supplies have an angel policy that you can use to sell. However, Disney is one of those brands to avoid as they will go after the small seller and being sued by them can be costly. Any supplier should be able to let you know the angel policy on their products. Joanna’s Sheen for example you can use the images and papers on her cd roms and make into craft items with no problem. You cannot print off and sell the toppers and papers as they are etc. I buy wood blank shapes to decorate from Woodshapes and again that is not a problem to decorate and resell.

best advice if not clear on the websites ask, hope that helps.

Comment

Thank you for your great help Caroline

Comment

Working...
      X