• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zac
    Junior crafter
    • Feb 2018

Paper trimmer problems

Hey all,

Ok not sure if I'm doing something wrong or its the fiskars paper trimmer I'm using is the problem.
    All I'm trying to do is cut A4 into A5, I used the guides pre printed on the trimmer but it doesn't cut 2 even sided A5, one is always shorter.

Anyone know if the guides are not accurate. I even tried my paper guillotine and same problem. Having the guides cut perfect would save a lot of hassle.

Thanks in advance

Zac
  • Lilly42
    Super crafter
    • Feb 2018

I have just tried it with my Cathedral paper trimmer and I got 2 equal sized pieces - 1 A4 into 2 A5. I used the guides marked on the trimmer.

Are you sure the paper is A4 and not Foolscap or Letter size? Letter size is just a tiny bit bigger and so might give you the effect you are getting.

Comment

• Zac
      Junior crafter
      • Feb 2018

Hi thanks for the quick reply, it is A4 100%, once I cut it, there's a difference of 2/3 mm. Probably being fussy but I think it a valid fussy.

Zac

Comment

• craftdancer
        Super mega big crafter
        • Jan 2006

Welcome to the forum.

Some years ago I had a similar problem (only an inexpensive cutter though) and the way I got round it was to measure up very carefully the centre point of an A4 sheet so it was equal either side, then put that sheet in the trimmer with the marked division exactly where the blade cuts. I then marked on the trimmer bed where the edge of the A4 sheet needs to be in order to make the accurate cut (I had to use masking tape as there was no integral guide).

Linda

Comment

• 3dDave
          Super Moderator
          Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!
          • Aug 2012

Apart from my mount cutter, the only thing I have mm perfect is my rexel office guillotine. For the other cutter/ trimmers, I draw lines first and cut to those.

Dave.

Comment

• Zac
            Junior crafter
            • Feb 2018

Thank you Linda for your advise.

Comment

• Zac
              Junior crafter
              • Feb 2018

Thank you Dave

Comment