Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr site + paypal account...could I have some advice please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr site + paypal account...could I have some advice please!

Hi everyone,

So i'm in the throws of setting up my website using mr. site. Its taking me ages...lol!

Anyhows my question is this:

When I go to add a shop It says to set up a paypal account, which is fine, I have one already that I used for buying bits off ebay, but i want a seperate one, thats just for my site. Oh, the question bit! Do I need to set up a business account with paypal, or is a personnal paypal account fine?

Any suggestions, advice, must do's & don'ts welcome!!!

Thankyou

s.x
    Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

I think it's up to you, but if I remeber rightly (coz it was a long time ago that I set mine up) if you have a personal account you can't accept payment from credit cards only debit cards. I would think that the business one would make more sense. You are only talking a few pence difference in fees.
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Since you are selling as a business then set yourself up a business account on paypal.

That way there can be no arguements later down the line.

and it is free to set up a business account on Paypal, so it is not as if it is gonna cost you owt.

Hope that helps

Ronny
      Take a peek at me stuff at www.ronnyjs.co.uk

Comment

The only thing about setting up a business account with paypal is you need to have a business account set up with your bank (which does cost). I originally set up a business account with paypal and found this out when I went to verify my account. Thankfully they advised me to change it to a premier account which allows you to take credit and debit card payments but you can still use a personal account at your bank.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Lisa
        Bowed Over
        Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
        www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

True, not thought of that Lisa, I have a business account at my bank so I forgot about that bit.

In saying that if they are a start up business they should be able to get at least 18 months free banking with a business bank account

The after 18 months if they still want free banking they could set up an account with a different bank
          Take a peek at me stuff at www.ronnyjs.co.uk

Comment

I've got a business paypal account without having a business bank account - it is attached to my personal bank account.

I did convert my verified personal account to business, so i'm not sure if that's why?!

If your personal account is verified you could always convert it to a business account and then create a new personal paypal account.
            Debs

My website: www.debeadz.co.uk

My blog: www.debeadz.blogspot.com

Comment

I use the same account for both, what are the advantages of getting a business account?
              http://timbertags.com/img/gallery/50130034.JPG

Comment

Everyone else seems to have covered everything but one thing I will point out (that may or may not be relevent) is that if you are going to set up another Paypal account in addition to the one you already have then you will need to use a different email address and bank details. I only know this because I tried to do it recently to separate business from personal.
                Natalie
                website blog

Comment

Originally posted by candles by lisa View Post
                  The only thing about setting up a business account with paypal is you need to have a business account set up with your bank (which does cost). I originally set up a business account with paypal and found this out when I went to verify my account. Thankfully they advised me to change it to a premier account which allows you to take credit and debit card payments but you can still use a personal account at your bank.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Lisa

Not with Abbey it doesn't - free business banking for life
                  It's never too late to gyrate!

Comment

Only difference between a Premier account and a Business account is that one is for a business with a proper bank account and name, while the other is personal like a proprietorship. I personally use a Premier account and have all funds sent to me by name.

The other difference between Business/Premier and personal are the fees charged on transactions. There is a list on the pay pal website.
                    A very nice collection of wedding favors.

Comment

This info is fantastic. This would have been one of my next questions so thanks for being so informative everyone.
                      Laurie

www.23beechhill.co.uk

http://23beechhill.blogspot.com

Comment

Thankyou everyone for all your advice, It can be so mind boggling trying to set up a venture!

s.x
                        Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

Working...
                        X