Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice needed

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Advice needed

    Hello,

    Basicly I make and sell labels for weddings and gardens, and I pride myself in that every order is unique for the person, But someone suggested that I start selling packs, but I'm not sure if this would make people buy these instead of the custom ones.

    I've made the page, its in my sig

    Also, do you think that the paypal buttons are alittle in-your-face?

    Thanks!
    http://timbertags.com/img/gallery/50130034.JPG

  • #2
    Are they plain?...I mean with nothing wrote on them? you could offer packs of them, but with the option of having them customised, so many for such a price?

    For me personnally I dont like the orange/yellow buy now buttons, but it wouldnt stop me from buying something i liked.

    also i noticed a few things, sorry i know this wasnt in your question, hope you dont mind

    1) at the bottom of the linked page it says 'please not'..you missed the e off the end

    2) on the plant labels page, under personalisation ...line 2, fro, instead of for

    3) same page under wood, line 2, 'i get can', instead of 'i can get'

    4) wedding labels page, line 5, corperate is spelt corporate

    5) FAQ, I'd like to place an order - how can I do so, line1, missed the 'L' off e-mail

    s.x


    I've bookmarked your page ready for when the summer comes and i need some wooden tags for my garden!
    Sophie.x

    Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

    My bloggity blog

    My Etsy shop

    Comment


    • #3
      Okay, I'm completely "green" about your products.

      I had no idea what they were used for in weddings, so I went to your home-page to find out.

      Could you make your home page a little less "wordy" and have some more descriptive, explanatory photos on the very first page. This will invite people to then look a bit more at either the garden side or the wedding side.
      Blog Website Flickr

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi Timber tags not seen you around for a while how is the young buisness man doing? Hope the sales are going well. I would definetly sell packs as people are looking for this kind of thing all the time. I think your page is good but a close up of the product would be better. The paypal buttons are a good size but don't actualy state paypal till you put your curser over it. Good luck
        "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
        my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign


        Comment


        • #5
          I think if you're offering personalised items to people Charlie, you shouldnt need to worry that your "plain" packs might overtake them. People are always looking for something personal for their loved ones

          Just a thought, perhaps your plain packs dont need to be "plain", could you maybe have a pack that has a range of the most common plants pre printed on them? Perhaps they would go down well as presents for a new gardener or a New Home gift?

          Shaz x
          Keepsake Kollections
          & Rossendale Ramblings!
          http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

          Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

          Comment


          • #6
            I agree with Shaz and would love to see packs with a oval top big enough to write the name of a plant on it. Also how about some with funny sayings on them like "Please done pull me up" or "I need water sometimes" or how about "Feed me Seymour" Just funny little sayings that would get a chuckle. I use to get them in the states from a "green" woodworker at a craft fair I went to every year. There are a lot of ways you can take the labels.Just go for it!!!
            Shabby Neesey

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by sweet View Post
              Are they plain?...I mean with nothing wrote on them? you could offer packs of them, but with the option of having them customised, so many for such a price?
              Is this price too low or too high?

              Originally posted by sweet View Post
              For me personnally I dont like the orange/yellow buy now buttons, but it wouldnt stop me from buying something i liked.

              also i noticed a few things, sorry i know this wasnt in your question, hope you dont mind

              1) at the bottom of the linked page it says 'please not'..you missed the e off the end

              2) on the plant labels page, under personalisation ...line 2, fro, instead of for

              3) same page under wood, line 2, 'i get can', instead of 'i can get'

              4) wedding labels page, line 5, corperate is spelt corporate

              5) FAQ, I'd like to place an order - how can I do so, line1, missed the 'L' off e-mail

              s.x


              I've bookmarked your page ready for when the summer comes and i need some wooden tags for my garden!
              I only just realised the amount of spelling errors there were, I've put the entire site through word to change it.

              Thanks
              http://timbertags.com/img/gallery/50130034.JPG

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JBJB View Post
                Okay, I'm completely "green" about your products.

                I had no idea what they were used for in weddings, so I went to your home-page to find out.

                Could you make your home page a little less "wordy" and have some more descriptive, explanatory photos on the very first page. This will invite people to then look a bit more at either the garden side or the wedding side.
                Is it better now?

                I was worried about this aswell, what do you suggest I do?

                Thanks to all for your help!
                http://timbertags.com/img/gallery/50130034.JPG

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'm worried that if I were to print say a set of 5 plant names, people wouldnt buy them because they were say lacking Basil.
                  http://timbertags.com/img/gallery/50130034.JPG

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hi,

                    The page looks neat and attractive (taking into account the spello's etc!). The buttons look fine and the product looks great ...first time I've seen it.

                    I hope things continue to go well for you.

                    Fair Do.

                    Fair Do's!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I think they are a great idea, I'm sure they would be popular.
                      Your website is great, I love the header and well done for getting that award.
                      I think sweet meant by the comment -so many for such a price?
                      Putting them in your shopping cart as 5 ( or 10 ) customised for a price slightly higher than the plain ones.

                      Melanie

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by timbertags View Post
                        Is it better now?

                        I was worried about this aswell, what do you suggest I do?

                        Thanks to all for your help!
                        Much better - I like the fact that I can now click on a link to see things easier.

                        You need more photographs of your work. Remember the saying "A picture paints a thousand words" On your wedding page for instance, you say :

                        Some Recent orders that I have undertaken;
                        • Napkin rings,
                        • Flower labels,
                        • Coasters
                        I want to be able to click on each of those and see a nice, big photograph.

                        Also, on some of your pages you use "I" and on others you use "we". Which are you? I would go for "I" as you have made (quite rightly) a big thing about your age etc.

                        Try not to ask the customer to contact you too much, I know you hope they will, but mostly, they won't. They want to be able to do it all quickly and easily. If you accept cheque payments, have a page telling people how to do that, rather than asking them to contact you.

                        I hope I don't sound really bossy and negative, believe me, I've learnt all of the above the hard way!

                        Keep at it!
                        Blog Website Flickr

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Neesey View Post
                          Also how about some with funny sayings on them like "Please done pull me up" or "I need water sometimes" or how about "Feed me Seymour" Just funny little sayings that would get a chuckle.
                          I do like like Neesey's funny plant quote idea, that'd be fun

                          And I know what you mean, someone will always want Basil when you havent included it, but maybe there's a happy medium between plain & personalised. Some sort of range choices - say a pack with the most common 5 herbs in - a pack with the most common 5 bedding plants - or maybe people could choose their own 5 plant tags from a standard range you produce, then the tags arent personalised but their pack is?

                          Think I'm rambling now...

                          Shaz x
                          Keepsake Kollections
                          & Rossendale Ramblings!
                          http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

                          Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X