Ouuuuups ...............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouuuuups ...............

Went to Lidl to get two tubs of yoghurt and came out with a Singer Overlocker

My overlocker has been discontinued for about 10 years and it's a pig to thread. Last time I used it the bottom thread broke so had to try and rethread it, do you think I could do it ?!. Tried every which way and it just wouldn't pull the last bottom thread up. Had a word with the service people when they did my sewing machine and a full service would be getting on for £60 plus parts so have been debating whether it was worth it and looking at a replacement. Seemed so extravagant to get a new one but one reason I stopped sewing was not having the overlocker.

Saw the Singer one advertised the last time Lidl had it, but they were all sold in the first hour of trading. So bless him Pete bought it for me this morning

Better the mending done now LOL

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Of course, you have no excuse to put off the sewing now.

Linda

Comment

Ye gods do people really pay £496.22 plus £5.88 for a padded bag for your overlocker !!!! ah, but it is on wheels.

Think I will go for the one at £22 inc delivery, it's only to keep the dust out.

Mo.XX
      Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
      Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
      www.bodrighy.co.uk

Comment

Or use the sewing machine to make a bag......
        View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Thank God for that, yoghurt is damned hard to overlock with...lol

Dave

Comment

Oooh I've seen that over locker in my local lidl too.
            have fun with it!

Xx
            *Nicola*
            www.smittenkitten.de

Comment

Originally posted by Quartz View Post
              Oooh I've seen that over locker in my local lidl too.
              have fun with it!

Xx
              It has a great write up and reviews all over the net and definitely the cheapest offer for this model. I'm an occasional sewer compared to most crafters in here but I really missed using one when I did sew.

Mo.XX
              Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
              www.bodrighy.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X