Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need to write onto wood HELP!!!!

Hi

I have some 6 mm plywood, and I need to write a name onto it. I thought about a stencil, or wood burning, or something like that. Does anyone have an idea of how to write effectively on wood?

David

Hi David

In my own experience I've never got on well with stencils but that doesn't mean to say that you won't.

I make and sell wooden plaques and apply the words either by free hand (in a folk art style) with a good permanent marker, or by using transfers.

I buy the transfer/decal paper from craftycomputerpaper.co.uk and add the words using the font of my choice and then print following the instructions. I like the finished look of the transfers and when done correctly they look very professional.

Not sure if this helps...

Emma
    Emma

Comment

Hi David,

You could try Woodtattoos or Kipper Workshops I am sure they would be able to help.

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
      Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
      www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Ah, at last... a question on my spe******t subject!

Have a look at my websites or my pictures on Flickr...

www.flickr.com/photos/woodtattoos

I think that pyrography is the best way to make designs on wood personally but then I am slightly biased...

Si.
        Wood Tattoos
        Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
        Facebook
        Flickr
        Twitter

Comment

I use a permanent marker for my wooden things, or sometimes paint the woprding on, all freehand. You can get special wood pens but personally I see no difference from a permanent marker and I find them too thick.
          Jo x

For handcrafted wooden gifts and decorations please visit http://www.sommerwood.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X