X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me please

Hi
    I'm rather new to all this kinda stuff
    well... I'm not all that new to crafting, I've done quite a bit but whatever
    what I'm trying to say is I've never sold any of my crafts before so I was wondering if you would help me.
    I want to know what are the best things to start off selling with ie get me a good rating or whatever so I can sell better things at higher prices.
    Also, what is the best way of selling them, I've heard people on here talk about Etsy, is this the best online site. I don't really have all that many people I could sell it to off-line.
    Sorry for such a long post.
    Caz
    x
    Caz
    x

What type of items do you make Caz?

I guess it really depends on how much time and money you have to invest in crafting. For me, it's just a hobby but one I'd like to see progress in the future.

I started out selling a few smallish low cost items via my uncle who had a picture framing shop. He wanted some little gifty things displayed in the window to entice people into the shop and it worked but sadly he no longer has the shop.

Around the same time I also exhibited at local craft fairs, some of which were very successful, but the stalls eventually became too expensive to make it worth my while so I opened an Ebay account and sold a few individual things on there before opening an Ebay shop.

I have also taken my items to work three years running in time for the Christmas season and have found this to be really successful also, especially as I make a variety of items which means a larger group of people to target.

I'm sure other people on this forum can offer better advice but that's how I started out.

Emma
    Emma

Comment

There's no magic answer Caz

Many people start off selling to friends at house parties. This is a good way to start because you can't lose out financially. You can get a feel to what people want and what price they'll pay. Also try taking a stand at craft fairs or school events etc.

My personal opinion is to sell directly to people first before selling on-line. Reason? if something on-line doesn't sell it's difficult to find out why, because you don't have that same feedback that you get from 'face to face' selling.

Good luck

Debbie
      www.beadservice.net
      On-line bead supplier and bead lover

Comment

Hi Caz,

What is it that you make? I think every crafter has a good idea of what they are good at and also what they enjoy making.

I sold a lot of stuff by taking it into work with me and people spreading the word that way. The run up to Christmas is always very good. Especially if you can custom make things or alter things to suit a particular person, I think people like that.

I personally think Etsy is a really good site, i could spend hours on there just looking at what's on sale and reading about how people got into their crafts. And it's quite cheap too - 20c for 4 months.

This place is great for asking for advice and stuff so it's a great resource. Let us know how you get on!

Yvonne
        x
        Yvonne
        x

My website: www.mymiyel.com
        My blog: www.mymiyel.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
        X