X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making my own wedding stationery and table centers

Hi all

I'm getting married!

And decided to make my own stationery, invites, table cards etc and also my own table arrangements.

we're only having a small wedding max 20 people including us where would be best place to buy stationery and small vases or goldfish bowls on a budget?

Charlie
    Charlie

Congratulations!

IKEA are pretty good for vases and bowls.

Comment

http://www.homebargains.co.uk/catego...ts-crafts.aspx Home bargains have 6 for £17 odds
      Facebook: www.facebook.com/g.sdesignscrafts Email: [email protected]
      "A world without hats would be a very boring world indeed" Gavin Spence (me)

Comment

Congratulations!!!!! xx
        Sarah x

~ The Lilac Dragonfly- Handmade Jewellery ~

~ Facebook Page ~

Comment

thanks all, we're very excited.
          Charlie

Comment

Congrats... what do you have in mind for your invites/tablecards etc? A clue or two will give a better idea of which direction to point you for supplies

Comment

Congratulations
              Lucy Blossom
              Shop and blog: http://www.lucyblossomcrafts.co.uk
              https://www.facebook.com/LucyBlossomCrafts

Comment

I'm not really sure, Christa.

My colours are going to be based on bird of paradise, I'm hoping to get flowers like this for my bouquet:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bastropfloral/5178157656/

Invites: - I'm thinking a simple single sided card with a lace effect edge and hand written invite, with an additional post card for rsvp.

Table Cards: - Tent cards with calligraphy names
                Charlie

Comment

Friend made her own paper invites - see YouTube - no money spent as recycled and she used glitter to sprinkle in and add that 'something special'.

Re small bowls: check out charity shops for beautiful crystal - remember they don't all have to match: they can then be given as favours, again saving money. Just buy some cheap glass paint and put your names and wedding date on them and they become beautiful individual reminders of your special day.

I used old fashioned jam dishes for a dinner party. They are stemmed and make beautiful sparkly wine glasses at Christmas!!

Enjoy your day and let everyone else do the worrying.

With best wishes curlscotland

Hope that helps

Comment

Hobbycraft have a special section of wedding stationery and ribbons.

Comment

Congratulations Charlie. When is the happy day ? Ours is 15th August and we are doing a DIY event too.

Mo.XX
                      Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                      Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                      www.bodrighy.co.uk
                      https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

PDA card and craft would be a good place to check out ...and you can get samples

Comment

Hi Mo

Congratulations!

We're looking at early September originally liked the idea of a foreign wedding but not decided on a uk wedding a honeymoon in the algarve.

Thanks Christa I'll check them out.

The centre piece/wedding favour is a nice idea!
                          Charlie

Comment

Fellow diy wedding crafter's how do you organise getting them to the venue and on tables?

We're planning a ceremony and breakfast in the same room/venue I think the plan is we have the ceremony then go for photos whilst they re-arrange the room.
                            Charlie

Comment

I have noticed that shops that sell greetings cards often sell small, portable canisters of helium for blowing up balloons. They normally have notices in the window advertising the fact.

You may have some shops near you that do them.

Comment

Working...
                              X