Anyone out there make Waldorf dolls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone out there make Waldorf dolls?

Just wondering if there's anyone else on the forum who makes Waldorf dolls. I don't make them to sell (yet) as I have a long way to go before they are good enough for that, but I have made a few small ones and I'm in the middle of a large one for Rose, my youngest. I've finished the head, which although it took me ages, I am quite pleased with. Apparently I picked the most long winded method for doing the hair! Haven't started the body yet because I can't decide wether to do a limbed doll or a soft bodied doll. I don't want to attach an OK head to a crap body so maybe I should leave the limbed idea for now and just make a baggy style?

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has had a go at one of these dolls and how successful they were.
    Natalie
    website blog

Do you use apple, walnuts and mayonnaise?

Si.

<Sorry, I just couldn't resist...>
    Wood Tattoos
    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Twitter

Comment

what's a waldorf doll?

LikeSi, the only thing that sprung to my mind was a salad.., or an hotel!!!

Comment

You are joking me! You mean that I am all alone in Waldorf world with no one to help me through!? LOL

Waldorf dolls are traditionally made for children educated in the Rudolph Steiner tradition. See the link (only if you're interested that is! LOL) I've linked a pic so you can get an idea. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Adorable-Boy-W...QQcmdZViewItem

I have an ebay shop where I sell Waldorf/ Steiner stuff but I don't have any dolls stocked yet. http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Waldorf-Toys-and-Crafts. Let me know what you think!
        Last edited by Roseberry Crafts; 15-02-2008, 05:10 PM.
        Natalie
        website blog

Comment

I make waldorf dolls too! they get easier the more you do. I think the jointed ones are nicer but there are lots of simpler ones that are still very cute. You will probably look at the head now its finished and you will know what the best type of body would suit it best. Are you following a pattern?

I'm sure it will be lovely whatever you do

Sue xx
          www.susiedolls.com
          www.susie1205.blogspot.com

Comment

w'hey, Doll makers unite!

I was sure there would be a few on the forum (perhaps more will come out of hiding over the next few days!)

Bought myself the "Making Waldorf Dolls" book by Maricristin Sealey and I used the guidelines in there to make the head. There are patterns in there for a few different body options but I really don't know what to do. When I look at the head I can see it made up as any of them! Perhaps it's my lack of experience! I'll see if I can post a photo of the head and then you (and anyone else who's interested) can help me decide.
            Natalie
            website blog

Comment

Waldorf Dolls

Hi
              I'm a newby and am looking to start making Waldorf dolls and am looking for the best places to source materials. Any help in this respect and also in the actual making would be very gratefully appreciated.

Comment

Hi. This is a pretty old thread but yay, I'm a doll maker too. I'm very new to selling them though I've been making them for a bout 3 years now.
                www.popcornsnow.co.uk
                facebook
                folksy
                etsy

Comment

Hi ,I make Waldorf dolls and I love it .IMG_2173.jpgIMG_2166.JPG I buy my materials from waldorf dolls co uk she very good and very quick and there's everything you need.
                  Last edited by leles dolls; 29-01-2012, 03:46 PM.

Comment

I bumped into your new shop the other day when I was making mine. Fab!
                    I seem to be on a doll break this month though I've recently seen Waldorf style-ish dolls but with separate fingers and I really want to make one. I've been thinking about adding ears for ages too so it could be that my next doll will be a leap away from Steiner.
                    Last edited by PopcornSnow; 01-02-2012, 05:59 PM.
                    www.popcornsnow.co.uk
                    facebook
                    folksy
                    etsy

Comment

Its worked now . I think

Comment

Working...
                      X