Somebody has copied my designs!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody has copied my designs!!!

Just had a look on Ebay at 'Mosaic Mirrors' and have come accross someone that has just started selling mosaic mirrors, exactly the same as mine. I'd like to point out though that they do not look very well made and they are twice the price!!! I know there's nothing I can do about this but I'm still a bit miffed!!!
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Hi,

I can imagine how you must feel.

Couple of thoughts ...could it just be coincidence that they are the same? They might think you are copying them!

On a more pro-active note ...maybe you should start calling yourself "The Original Mosaic Mirrors" so that customers know they are dealing with the originator, which generally means best and at least they're not undercutting you. If you know you are charging a fair market price, then they probably won't sell many.

Don't panic ...and anyway ...they say it's a form of flattery!

Cheers.
    FD

Fair Do's!

Comment

Your mirrors are gorgeous. A shop locally to me has been selling mirrors like yours for several years, if one person can come up with an idea then chances are someone, somewhere else has had the same or similar idea before.
      If hers are inferior and more expensive you will still be getting the sales.
      Vendi..Verdi..Visa...
      I came..I saw..I shopped

Comment

Hi Katianne,
        I agree with FD, you could use it as a positive opportunity to rebrand yourself slightly as the original seller of these mirrors on eBay ie. the original and best!! And if yours are nicer and cost less, that can only push sales your way!
        www.truebloom.blogspot.com
        www.truebloom.co.uk
        My Etsy Shop

Comment

You could always watch how and when they sell and put your pieces on slightly earlier. If your pieces are cheaper you're sure to clean up!
          Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery & Glass Fusing Blog
          Dichroic Glass Tutorials
          Wholesale Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery

Comment

Although its great to feel you offer something unique, its often the case that someone may well have been making them before you and/or someone will come along and make them after you began - such is life

You know your items are better quality and there's one good thing about competition and comparison - it may help you reassess the sale value of what you make and perhaps earn a little more money as a result of it

Good luck keeping ahead of the competition!

Shaz x
            Keepsake Kollections
            & Rossendale Ramblings!
            http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

They are advertising them as a new range - made to order with a few examples shown on Ebay. Have checked their feedback - don't seem to have sold them before, just Pokemon cards!!! I haven't ever seen anything like my designs before so was a bit disappointed when I saw this, but yes, as you say, could just be coincidence. I advertise my mosaics a 'Original Handmade Mosaics' and come up with all the designs myself. Hopefully it won't affect my sales but I will go with the suggestion of watching my new competiter!!!

Thanks all
              Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

ive just had a look and i see what you mean, they are very simular to yours!! I'd be a bit miffed too if i were you but i suppose thats the way of the world and there's not much you can do about it.
                Anyway not sure i'd believe that something was handmade by someone who is selling them out of a shop full of Pokemon Cards!!
                http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

How annoying!!! It just doesn't seem fair that you can take ages to design something & then someone just comes along & nicks it!!
                  Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

I see what you mean and its not exactly classy to photograph it on a piece of bubblewrap.

Anyway you could play on the fact that you have lots of positive feedback and quote some of it in your description so that people know yours are good quality.
                    Amanda
                    xx

Comment

I've just had a look too and yes they are quite similar, however theirs look a bit odd as the tiles are lined up straight (poo wish I knew the technical terms) wheras yours are staggered in each layer iykwim.

I agree with those who say use it to your advantage, yours are by far much better (and I'm not just saying that) and with slightly crap ones at double the price it can only help your sales.

Chill and don't panic
                      Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Yours are far nicer!

Plus I agree with a previous post, they are TWICE the price!

That can only help sales right?

I am serious about the crafters army I have mentioned before...... gather troops... load weapons ..... fire!

I could do with a wee trip, where did you say the others were based?
                        www.beadlab.com

Comment

They will all fall apart anyway - I think my 2 year old could have done them better.

And yours look so much more handmade with love than the other inferior ones.

I know it doesn't help, but I suppose it is a bit of a back handed compliment that someone is copying you!

We know where the orginals come from and we will not buy naff copies!!

Comment

Thanks everyone for your postive comments!!! I am watching theirs to see if it sells...
                            Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

There is a shop next door to us that sells mosaic mirrors, yours are lovely but I think there are a few sellers out there.
                              Cake Toppers http://huntersdesigns.co.uk
                              My etsy http://peculiarforest.etsy.com
                              My Blog http://peculiarforest.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X