Glass Fusing Classes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass Fusing Classes

I'm going to start teaching somes classes if I can get enough interest as I do get quite a lot of 'how do I...' emails.
    Are there any rules and regs I need to be aware of before I explore the idea any further?
    Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery & Glass Fusing Blog
    Dichroic Glass Tutorials
    Wholesale Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery

Make sure that your public liability will allow this or you may need to add an extra policy.
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

be aware of health and safety in the enviroment you will be teaching in too, the old trip hazards etc.
      I am really pleased that you have decided to do this GK, best of luck with it.
      Vendi..Verdi..Visa...
      I came..I saw..I shopped

Comment

If you've got a local college that does evening classes/adult ed how about contacting them and ask about running the classes through them? I think they deal with all the paperwork re H&S and liability insurance which is good although you'd be paid an hourly wage rather than get all the course fee.
        Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

I can help with H&S - massive part of my "proper" job... if you need any risk assessments drafting up, I could probably help.

Where are you based? I am very interested!

Although boyfys foot has been firmly put down and I am not allowed to make glass at our flat So I guess I will just have to do a course or 2
          www.beadlab.com

Comment

I'm going to do classes in groups of no more than 4 I think and i'll operating all the machinery so the risk assessment is pretty straightforward. I used to run a nightclub (I really have had the most irratic career path) and am used to doing H&S.
            I'm based in Liverpool btw....smack bang next to the Liver Building.
            Dichroic Glass Tutorials

Comment

Ooooh might be interested myself. Not that I really need more to do but......
              Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
              My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
              My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

GK, ever thought of moving to the sunny south LOL, too far for me.
                Vendi..Verdi..Visa...
                I came..I saw..I shopped

Comment

Originally posted by Kay View Post
                  GK, ever thought of moving to the sunny south LOL, too far for me.
                  Yup....nearly moved to Brighton last year but I got a shock when I saw the cost of renting!....Almost as bad as my council tax!
                  Dichroic Glass Tutorials

Comment

Might be interested GlassKanvas - I am over in Leeds, so not too far. Would you add me to your list of people to contact, or will you be posting info?
                    Mary
                    www.somata.co.uk
                    www.stitchnglass.co.uk
                    www.gemstoneboutique.co.uk
                    www.somata-pmc.co.uk

Comment

I'll post dates here and on my website as soon as I've confirmed a few more details. It'll be about a 4-5 hrs class and i'll go through all the basics of glass fusing as well as dichroic glass and you'll be able to make your own pieces....although i'll have to post them on the following day because they'll be so long in the kiln!
                      Dichroic Glass Tutorials

Comment

Working...
                      X