Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insurance cover

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Insurance cover

    Forgive me if this post is in the wrong place, I don't get out of the Chandlers forum much
    My business insurance is due for renewal in the next couple of weeks, I'm currently insured through Ian Wallace.
    I've just started looking at craft fayres/markets and wondered what level of public liability insurance you would recommend.
    Thanks in advance.

    Isabel

  • #2
    Hi Isabel. If you go to any of the major events they normally require £5 million. I did start out with £2 million but had to up it for the Dundee Flower & Food Festival. It cost me £101 this year. HTH, Marion

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by MarionT View Post
      Hi Isabel. If you go to any of the major events they normally require £5 million. I did start out with £2 million but had to up it for the Dundee Flower & Food Festival. It cost me £101 this year. HTH, Marion
      Thanks Marion, I did a quote with Direct Line for £5m ...it was a fair bit less than you have paid.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by holehouse View Post
        Thanks Marion, I did a quote with Direct Line for £5m ...it was a fair bit less than you have paid.
        That's interesting. Does it also include product liability? I asked them for a quote for household insurance to include small business cover for the candles and they wouldn't touch me.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MarionT View Post
          That's interesting. Does it also include product liability? I asked them for a quote for household insurance to include small business cover for the candles and they wouldn't touch me.
          Yes it did. I'll check the quote again.

          Comment


          • #6
            That's good - I'll bear it in mind for next year.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by holehouse View Post
              Yes it did. I'll check the quote again.

              http://www.directlineforbusiness.co....ness-insurance.
              My quote is based on £5m and is £80 per year.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by holehouse View Post
                http://www.directlineforbusiness.co....ness-insurance.
                My quote is based on £5m and is £80 per year.
                Thanks Isabel. I wonder if it was because I'm making firelighters too. Well done you!

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'm also with Direct Line for my Cake and Cake decoration business. I just renewed for £93 p.a. Last year it didn't cost any more for £1 million PLI or £5 million. My policy only went up about a pound from last year. The one thing you need to watch out for with their insurance is to enter the number of people working away (i.e. at fairs etc). I almost missed the box last year and when I entered my '1' in the box saw my quote jump from around £65 p.a. to £92 p.a.
                  Carol
                  Pop Up Zoo Greetings cards - Raising money for Sands in memory of my precious son Ben Folksy Shop, Facebook Page, You Tube
                  Carol's Yummy Bakes - My new business Website, Facebook Page


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I am with the A-N but you have to meet their criteria as aimed at artists and those that have done exhibitions, work to commission etc. £5m for about £40 per year, not sure they cover for candle making but you would have to check.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I just got a subs with A-N but now worried! I filled in their form and everything, they never queried anything, but now wondering if I've done wrong, so emailed them and awaiting reply, rather be up front with people just in case! Don't have degrees or anything just enthusiasm!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        G M Imber & Sons are worth checking out too, that's who I use... their Craftsinsure pack is only £55 per annum...

                        http://www.gmisl.co.uk/Products.html

                        Si.
                        Wood Tattoos
                        Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                        Facebook
                        Flickr
                        Twitter

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X