Slur on my good name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slur on my good name

First off I would like to say that I am not at all worried about it but in checking (as I do from time to time) what pops up when the company name is in Google I found a site call Warriorforum which is a UK based marketing opinion site. The lady on this site rubbishes a few company names and then advises that the worst name she has found of late is IndiviJewelistic which sells Jewellery supplies - her take on it being it is difficult to pronounce (but it is the same as Individualistic which she seems to have missed) and she goes on to rubbish it further.

Now, I am aware that the company name is like Marmite, you either love it or hate it but part of me nearly signed up to their forum and reply, in the words of Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow, "But you have heard of me" and thank her for the post which will have added yet another link to the website.

It's a funny old thing when it come to finding a name for your company, never an easy thing to do but eventually you have to go for one of them and stick with it. If I recall correctly, although the older I get the hard it gets, I actually posted the question on here of a company name when I was starting up and got some marvelous suggestions, some of them were really top notch.

So the question is then, what would you do if someone went online and rubbished your company name, I have to say that I did nothing about it in the end, but just smiled to myself.

Had it happen on once or twice for no apparent reason.(turns out it was an ex friend who was posting things).

One time i replied with up-most politeness, answering all the posts in my best customer service manner and now i just ignore it, its not worth it!.

Comment

I'd be really cross, but I think saying nothing is probably the best course of action, especially as there is wisdom in the saying "Don't feed the trolls"
      Lucy Blossom
      Shop and blog: http://www.lucyblossomcrafts.co.uk
      https://www.facebook.com/LucyBlossomCrafts

Comment

I would do as you have done ignore it and smile for the extra link

Comment

If its only the name I wouldn't bother. She obviously has low literacy capability and isn't very articulate. Either that or she is just a nasty person. If she started to bring your products into question I would send a warning shot about taking legal action.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy Blossom View Post
            I'd be really cross, but I think saying nothing is probably the best course of action, especially as there is wisdom in the saying "Don't feed the trolls"

LOL - love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Craftychez View Post
              If its only the name I wouldn't bother. She obviously has low literacy capability and isn't very articulate. Either that or she is just a nasty person. If she started to bring your products into question I would send a warning shot about taking legal action.
              Many thanks, it is only the name and so I feel the advice here is correct and I won't bother even replying to it. I don't think she will post anything similar or attack further since she seemed to struggle to find enough to say in that article.

Many thanks for advice

Comment

I think on the whole, I'd be strangely flattered.

Although its a bitter pill to swallow, at the end of the day it is just this lady's opinion - which she is entitled to hold, however unpleasant. So not a case for legal action or letters I wouldn't have thought.

But, more importantly, it shows you've made an impression. That your name is getting out there and actually registering in people's minds.

I think the lady in question has rather missed her own point. The fact that she remembered your name at all and bothered to have an opinion on it, shows you've already "won" in the tough world of getting people to find and remember you online.

Sort of an own goal for her I'd say and for you - well, any publicity is good publicity!
                Emma
                www.ejrbeads.co.uk - unique art beads & more
                www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop - beads, polymer clay, glitters and inks oh my
                www.facebook.com/EJRBeads - Like me at Facebook!

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it, I've had something similar from a former friend, who has gone around and tried to cause trouble for me because I decided to expand my crafting, and what I sell. She wasn't happy because she saw this as a threat to her even though we do not make the same products.
                  She has since gone around and made mutual friends choose whose side she is on and slags me and my work off to anyone who will listen. I have had multiple friends come back to me and laugh at how immature she is and how unprofessional she is if that is how she acts, rather than improve on her stock and products.

If I were you I'd just laugh it off
                  Simply Alternative
                  http://www.facebook.com/s.alternative
                  https://www.etsy.com/shop/SimplyAlternative
                  http://viczaltjewellery.wordpress.com/

Comment

Sounds like she's jealous of you. I bet she wishes she could have thought up such a good name.
                    Last edited by the card shark; 12-11-2013, 07:29 PM.
                    Carol
                    Pop Up Zoo Greetings cards - Raising money for Sands in memory of my precious son Ben Folksy Shop, Facebook Page, You Tube
                    Carol's Yummy Bakes - My new business Website, Facebook Page

Comment

Thanks Emma, Carol and Vic,

She hasn't posted anything further on the subject and I agree, it is an own goal in many respects, you know it just hurts a little bit when you first read it, but then you can be more positive about it with the support of others behind you.

Many thanks,

Trish

Comment

Working...
                      X