Mini gift ideas to put inside craft advent calendars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini gift ideas to put inside craft advent calendars

So i've seen some lovely ideas for advent calendars in christmas craft magazines and on pinterest. I especially like the garland ideas and i'm currently making mini stockings out of felt which will be pegged on to pretty ribbon and numbered with gifts inside. My only problem is i can't think of any small gifts to put inside? Of cause i will bulk some of it out with small chocolates and sweets which should be cheap enough to buy but i'm making one for my sister and would like to put something a bit more exciting in every few days especially since its also her birthday in december! Any ideas?

I'm also desperately thinking of small things to go in my daughter's advent calendar. So far I've come up with hairclips and hairbands..not a great long list but it's a start (she's only 3 so I'm not sure what else I'll add)
    Lucy Blossom
    Shop and blog: http://www.lucyblossomcrafts.co.uk
    https://www.facebook.com/LucyBlossomCrafts

Comment

How about a peg doll or is that too large. I love dressing those, its great fun.
      Carol
      God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy Blossom View Post
        I'm also desperately thinking of small things to go in my daughter's advent calendar. So far I've come up with hairclips and hairbands..not a great long list but it's a start (she's only 3 so I'm not sure what else I'll add)
        What about putting an easy clue inside the box as to where she can find a bigger daily gift? I think this would work for the odd day.

How big is each daily box? What about some cress seeds or other seeds for her to grow next year? Kids in our family learn about growing things from seed from an early age. We find it helps them to eat veg if they have grown them.

Comment

Originally posted by Craftychez View Post
          What about putting an easy clue inside the box as to where she can find a bigger daily gift? I think this would work for the odd day.

How big is each daily box? What about some cress seeds or other seeds for her to grow next year? Kids in our family learn about growing things from seed from an early age. We find it helps them to eat veg if they have grown them.

Putting a clue inside is a great idea!

Comment

write a little story about Christmas and put it inside.
            Glitter, glue, craft supplies, crayons little pom poms and pipe cleaners.
            Last edited by beadsbydesign; 07-11-2013, 11:57 AM.
            full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Oh dear, you're having problems finding something for girls. Finding something for a boy is nearly impossible. He can't possibly have a tattoo every day!
              Cathy
              I sew, therefore I am.
              I apologise in advance for any spelling or grramatical errors, I'm on tablets - no, no - I'm on a tablet.

Comment

Well, my daughter would be happy with a different dinosaur in each stocking!!
                View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

I would put keyrings, Christmas postage stamps, small toys, stones, miniature books, jewlerry...
                  My doll website: dollsfromaileen.com
                  My origami blog: aileenedwinorigami.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Doggyinthewindow View Post
                    Putting a clue inside is a great idea!
                    Thanks.

Would these type of bits be any use to you for advent gifts?
                    http://www.stocking-fillers.co.uk/36...acker-fillers/

You might be able to get kids tiny bath bombs or soaps from someone on this forum.

What about wrapping some bits of coloured fimo to make a christmas pud? I know it has to be simple if she is only three.

What about coloured marbles? I know she may only be allowed some of these things under supervision at the moment.

Comment

stickers!! They are always quite popular with children
                      View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

How about some seeds for her to grow something? Small teddy? contents of a Kinda egg (best bit is you get to eat the chocolate.

Comment

Wow so many great ideas! Thanks everyone
                          Lucy Blossom
                          Shop and blog: http://www.lucyblossomcrafts.co.uk
                          https://www.facebook.com/LucyBlossomCrafts

Comment

I'm doing one for each of my grown up kids (boy and girl) and that's even more of a nightmare.
                            Carole x
                            www.caroleallenjewellery.co.uk

Comment

Have a look out for Christmas cracker type gifts or pocket money toys. http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/christmas-cracker-fillers

If they're not too young, balloons (uninflated) may be a possibility.
                              Carol
                              Pop Up Zoo Greetings cards - Raising money for Sands in memory of my precious son Ben Folksy Shop, Facebook Page, You Tube
                              Carol's Yummy Bakes - My new business Website, Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                              X