3d picture frames - where to bulk buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3d picture frames - where to bulk buy

Hi Wonder if anyone can help. I am looking to bulk buy 3d picture frames for a new project however I have been searching the internet and cannot find any that are reasonably priced. PLEASE can anyone help. THank you in advance x

Hello Shezza and everyone
    I'm also looking for these. Do you mean frames that have room between the back panel and the glass to put crafts? I am looking for wooden ones preferably, or cardboard if there aren't any. Please if anyone knows where to buy these let us know.
    My doll website: dollsfromaileen.com
    My origami blog: aileenedwinorigami.blogspot.com

Comment

I've changed the wording of my search a little bit and the results are better. I'm now searching for "3d picture frame for crafts".

Comment

I think they are generally to as box frames or sometimes shadow frames. when I have occasionally been asked to frame one of my 3dcards or images I have usually bought a cheap & nasty picture in a decent looking frame then just converted the frame to a box frame. Generally no problem to anyone handy with a saw, bit of thin plywood, wood glue etc.....Yep, just checked for you, if you go to Google Images and put "box picture frames" or "shadow box picture frames" in the search box etc then lots of examples pop up, just hover over the photo for the site reference and BINGO. First choose your site and frame then ask about a bulk buy discount

Dave.
        Last edited by 3dDave; 06-11-2013, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Thank you Dave I will have a look.

Comment

Thank you James. Would you be able to give a link directly to the 3D picture frames? I can't find it.

Comment

I never found any suitable ones to bulk buy after hours on the internet but Wilkinsons do have some quite good box frames. Various finishes including real wood.
              www.steampunkkaleidoscopes.com
              www.steampunkrelics.co.uk
              If you think you can do a thing or if you think you can't you will be right. Henry Ford

Comment

I bet "The Range" has them somewhere and yes, thinking about it (Well done Kev) Wilko's did have some last visit.

Dave.

Comment

I quite often use IKEA frames. Their RIBBA frame:
                  http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00078032/

comes in various colours and is the cheapest I've been able to find. Unfortunately, they only do this size as a box frame.
                  http://petitscarreaux.weebly.com/
                  www.facebook.com/Petits.Carreaux
                  http://folksy.com/shops/PetitsCarreaux

Comment

Originally posted by Littlesquares View Post
                    I quite often use IKEA frames. Their RIBBA frame:
                    http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00078032/

comes in various colours and is the cheapest I've been able to find. Unfortunately, they only do this size as a box frame.
                    Actually they come in smaller sizes too...I know because I have them. I prefer them over the Wilko ones as the quality is better. Wilko ones are fine if you don't mind splinters and are going to completely decorate the frame too...

Comment

Thank you Kev, Dave, Littlesquares and Christa

Comment

I have been to Wilkinson and bought one of the frames. It's perfect for what I need. I now need to find out where to get the same frame in wholesale.

Comment

It's not dificult to make your own "box" for a box frame. That's what I started doing when I couldn't buy what I wanted. Just make sure you buy a suitable frame, not one of the plastic things. all you need is wood strip or mdf about 6mm thick cut to what ever depth you need your box. Make a simple box that will sit inside your frame, remove everything but the glass and mount, insert your box and you can reuse the original back board that came with the frame. I reatach it with small screws. you will need to make some small brackets to attach the box to the back of the frame. It really isn't much work.
                          If you think you can do a thing or if you think you can't you will be right. Henry Ford

Comment

Hello Kev
                            Thank you Kev. I've not tried that. Thank you for the instructions. I will see what it turns out like.
                            Last edited by Aileen Edwin; 12-11-2013, 12:07 PM.

Comment

You're welcome It really is quite simple and it means you can make a box frame out of any suitable picture frame.

Comment

Working...
                              X