fair selling price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fair selling price

I sold some of my handcrafted earrings to a clothing boutique owner for $4.50 a pair, which she later sold for $12 a pair. I sold them to her at a low price, and was wondering what a fair price to charge for them would be?

Kathy

To be able to answer that you would need to let us know what the earings were like - better still a pic - not able to advise I'm afraid until get a bit more info.

Lisa
    Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

I would say you should sell them to her for 40/50% less than what she will get for them retail. I think thats more than being fair.
      Emma
      Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
      Sassy Crafts Blog
      My Blog

Comment

I dont really know for sure, but I would think if your making less money than she does then how can that be right??? You design, make & put in the work & she just flogs them!!

sorry, not too helpful.

s.x
        Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

It all depends whether she's buying in large quantities or not. When I'm selling wholesale I always state that there is a minimum order value of x and they then qualify for wholesale prices which are typically 40% off my retail price + any postage costs.

If they don't want to buy in bulk then they have to pay the retail price I'm afraid.

If they're selling from a shop or a bricks & mortar premises then they'll always charge more than you because of the overheads like rent, electricity, etc. Unfortunately that's just the way of the world - as long as you set your minimum price and are happy with what you personally receive, then that's all that matters at the end of the day.
          Sarah
          For 100% wool felt supplies, felt balls, buttons, ribbon, needle felting supplies and lots of other lovely stuff, visit BLOOMING FELT

Blooming Felt's Blog

Comment

Working...
          X