Etsy question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Etsy question...

If you have a listed item can you change it? I mean totally change it ... images, wording, cost etc?

Or will you be charged again?

Hope that makes sense!
    incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
    ___

I reckon you could change it all and not be charged again. It's not like ebay where you're charged a percentage of the selling price - it's 20 cents per item to list, so I can't see that changing the complete listing would cause them to charge you again since you've already paid to list.

Of course I could be completely wrong !! In which case I apologise profusely if you do get charged again !!
    Sarah
    For 100% wool felt supplies, felt balls, buttons, ribbon, needle felting supplies and lots of other lovely stuff, visit BLOOMING FELT

Blooming Felt's Blog

Comment

I think you probably could, Incy, but I think etsy'd catch on - apparently the listings are checked and so on.
      I have to say though, when you list a new item, it says it can take 24 hours for it to appear. Mine have always appeared instantly.

They may have some kind of built-in monitoring system which we know nothing about........

On the other hand, I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of etsy: I've looked at other folks' things on there and gone browsing, but as for this Pounce thing, and Storque and that, well whoo, I have no idea.....
      Primmers
      www.ExquisiteCards.etsy.com

Comment

You can edit the listing as much as you want - wording, photo's everything without being charged again. The only thing you will be charged for is if you add another of the same item to the listing - so if you've made one more of the same item as it charges per item for sale rather than per listing.

If you want to change your listings you go into your Etsy and edit the listing - hope that helps!
        Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
        My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
        My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Thanks guys
          I was just thinking if I don't sell these Valentines cards they will be on there till the middle of May!
          At least I can change it to a new card or similar.

incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
          ___

Comment

I know just how you feel, Incy. I've sold a couple. All the sales I've had on etsy have been within the first few days of the listing going on.

I think that as the listing gets older, it slips further and further down the searches that people make.I'm not quite sure how it all works, but I do like the site. I can't be doing with the forum though: too, too hysterical for me. I'm too old for it......

I have three more Valentine cards to put on tonight. I haven't begun making cards properly again, not since Christmas. Because Christmas dinner was at my house this year, I had to move all my crafty stuff upstairs out of the way. I haven't got it all back down again yet, and as Himself put a lot of it away, I can't find it..... so I'm beginning to forget exactly what I've got!
            Primmers
            www.ExquisiteCards.etsy.com

Comment

I am trying Etsy! What do you think?

Denasdesigns.etsy.comAll feedback appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by incywincy View Post
                Thanks guys
                I was just thinking if I don't sell these Valentines cards they will be on there till the middle of May!
                At least I can change it to a new card or similar.

Eeekkk! Never thought of that! But good idea for changing it!

Comment

Working...
                X