Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with putting crystal on shoes

Hi everyone,

I'm getting married in 2015 and have bought my wedding shoes already! I need to break them in! lol.
    I have bought plain satin ivory shoes, but want to put swaroski crystals on myself, as the ones I have seen are really expensive.

Does anyone have any tips. I don't want to ruin my new shoes as my fiancee paid £59 for them!

At least I have a lot of time to do this. Also does anyone know where I could buy the crystals and glue cheap?
    Susan Bradford
    www.SusanSpencerCards.co.uk
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/handma...ysusanbradford

On my big fat gypsy wedding the dress maker on there used tube glue. You can get hot wants that individually pick up the crystal and melt the back to stick it onto a shoe etc.
    I think you would need to experiment first before doing the shoes. Congratulations!!
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
      On my big fat gypsy wedding the dress maker on there used tube glue. You can get hot wants that individually pick up the crystal and melt the back to stick it onto a shoe etc.
      I think you would need to experiment first before doing the shoes. Congratulations!!
      I've got a hot wand - you can buy different sized crystals which come in loads of different colours. You can stick the crystals onto almost anything and once stuck, they're stuck. I've decorated handbags with them and items can be hand washed, so they're pretty resilient. You can pick a hot wand up for £15 from josy rose - http://www.josyrose.com/p-Kandi_Kane...Wand-2067.aspx.
      http://www.josyrose.com/sc-hot_fix_diamante-1044.aspx

also use it for decorating cards etc. so you'll probably find lots of uses for it if you decide to get one.

hope this helps.
      Wid

Comment

HOW does that work.. i cant make it out, it sucks the bead up? how does it get the glue on it.. do you have to buy the beads from that site or will any do/.
        also use it for decorating cards etc. so you'll probably find lots of uses for it if you decide to get one.
        My Flickr - with my Photos, and my Crafts.
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/hootnoots/

Animal crackers.

Comment

Originally posted by petjewels View Post
          HOW does that work.. i cant make it out, it sucks the bead up? how does it get the glue on it.. do you have to buy the beads from that site or will any do/.
          Basically you plug the wand in so heats up. Lay your crystals down on your surface face up. Put the hot wand over the top of one and it will pick the crystal up (it's a bit like its magnetic, but I don't think it is). The crystals have a glue coating on the flat (back) side. After a few seconds the hot wand will have melted the glue - you can see it start to bubble. When this happens, apply it to your surface. Like I said though, they're permanent so you need to get them pretty much spot on in place straight away. If I were decorating shoes or such like, I'd make a very pale pencil dot where I wanted the centre of the crystal to go. The wand comes with interchangeable sized heads so you can pick up different sized crystals.

i think any hot fix crystals would work, but the ones I suggested aren't particularly expensive and work really well.

hope this helps - its a doddle once you get the hang of it and really quick too.
          Wid

Comment

oh right thanks... will have a Look i bought some swarovski Elements, and just used sper glue LOL.. but it made a mess
            My Flickr - with my Photos, and my Crafts.
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/hootnoots/

Animal crackers.

Comment

Originally posted by petjewels View Post
              oh right thanks... will have a Look i bought some swarovski Elements, and just used sper glue LOL.. but it made a mess
              The hot wand is definitely mess free!
              Wid

Comment

super glue is a no no because it forms a white bloom. UHU tube dries clear.

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
                  super glue is a no no because it forms a white bloom. UHU tube dries clear.
                  Does UHU go stringy though? TBH considering the size of the crystals to be used, and the fact they're for wedding shoes, I'd stick to pre-glued crystals.
                  Wid

Comment

Oh I'd definatley use a wand.

Comment

Originally posted by Wid View Post
                      Does UHU go stringy though? TBH considering the size of the crystals to be used, and the fact they're for wedding shoes, I'd stick to pre-glued crystals.
                      I would use the hot wand for the shoes. I use UHU but you have to be careful the crystals aren't cheap plastic otherwise the UHU will melt them and cause them to dull. The trick to using UHU is to put a dab on some cardboard and apply it using a cocktail stick. That way you don't end up with a 'string' of glue.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice.

I have a hot wand and some of my crystals have fallen off my cards in the past. So I didn't want to use it. I was watching a tube video and this women uses e6000 glue spreads it over a small area and uses a pick up tool and places on, and the crystals can move while you work and should dry in about 5-10 minutes. Also the e6000 glue is clear and water proof and strong! So I might try that. But today I received my shoes and am really upset as they hurt as they are not wide fitting as the lady in the shop said they would be. When I rang the company she said those shoes don't come in wide fitting. So I'm sending them back. And have to keep look.
                        Susan Bradford
                        www.SusanSpencerCards.co.uk
                        http://www.facebook.com/pages/handma...ysusanbradford

Comment

Working...
                        X