Can I? Or can't I?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I? Or can't I?

Hi, I have a question and hope you can all help. I make and sell jars filled with cookie/cake mix and sweets and decorated for different occasions. My question is, if I was making a jar and filling with a brand of sweets (such as Smarties) am I allowed to then sell this on? Or would I have needed permission from the owner of the brand? I hope this makes sense! Thanks again. Jessica

I think that you can sell the sweets on in other containers as long as you don't use their branding / logo. But I may be wrong so someone will correct me if so.
    Kate
    www.cuckoos-nest-fairs.co.uk

Comment

Why don't you contact Nestle customer services and ask them?

I make my cake decorations from Tate & Lyle icing sugar. Tate & Lyle are a big brand but I don't mention them on my packaging.

On another matter, I take it that you have registered with your local council as a food business, as you'll be handling edible items?
      Carol
      Pop Up Zoo Greetings cards - Raising money for Sands in memory of my precious son Ben Folksy Shop, Facebook Page, You Tube
      Carol's Yummy Bakes - My new business Website, Facebook Page

Comment

Thanks for the answers, yes it may be worth getting in touch. I've sold some that haven't got branding/logos on but just concerned about the types of sweets which do have some kind of logo on.

Yes, all above board and registered with council and HMRC.

Thanks again.
        Jessica

Comment

You mean like M&Ms or Polos? I think the main issue is that if you mention the brand you're kind of using the brand to advertise your wares. But yes, it will do no harm to contact them to ask.
          Carol
          Pop Up Zoo Greetings cards - Raising money for Sands in memory of my precious son Ben Folksy Shop, Facebook Page, You Tube
          Carol's Yummy Bakes - My new business Website, Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
          X