Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The problem with ............................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The problem with ............................

I think most of us started off doing something for a hobby and then it turned into a small business, as mine did. Towards the end of April I will be doing 2 craft fairs a week. I also supply craft centres and sell to other outlets. In another month or so I expect to be working 14 hours a day some days. I use the period between Christmas and April to build up my stocks of everything. At the moment I am very happy with my stock levels and have plenty of everything. Its been a busy time as I have over 100 different items.

The main problem I have is that I have to rely on other people, mainly suppliers and this is where my headaches start and sadly it is not getting any better. You would think in this day and age where money is tight and many businesses are struggling to stay solvent they would take care and ensure customer orders go out on time and the customer gets what they want. A The reason I am writing this is that I have to be sitting at my computer desk which is close to the front door as I cannot afford to miss an important delivery. It should have been here yesterday. I rang the depot this morning to be told they tried to deliver. I said I was in all day and no one had called. At lunch time I checked my letter box and there was a card from the delivery people to say they had called. I rang the depot but the driver was in another area and was told he would call on the way back, about 6pm. I said to the guy, tell the driver to read the sign above the door bell which says, "NOT WORKING." I also told him to tell the driver to knock the door and I would hear him. Hopefully I will have my delivery.

This is not the first time this has happened, not by a long shot. Several weeks ago I ordered some brass fittings, they sent me nickel fittings. I sometimes telephone a new supplier and explain what I want but the person I am speaking to can hardly speak English and I don't want to risk getting the wrong stuff as has happened in the past. Sometimes I have ordered items that i have seen online and when the goods have come they have been complete crap and nothing like the items I saw advertised. I really get mad when this happened because I have been a victim of a con artist and have been ripped off. I work really hard to earn my money and I expect value for money.

I'm so pleased I have got that off my chest now.

Originally posted by Fretnot View Post
    I think most of us started off doing something for a hobby and then it turned into a small business, as mine did. Towards the end of April I will be doing 2 craft fairs a week. I also supply craft centres and sell to other outlets. In another month or so I expect to be working 14 hours a day some days. I use the period between Christmas and April to build up my stocks of everything. At the moment I am very happy with my stock levels and have plenty of everything. Its been a busy time as I have over 100 different items.

The main problem I have is that I have to rely on other people, mainly suppliers and this is where my headaches start and sadly it is not getting any better. You would think in this day and age where money is tight and many businesses are struggling to stay solvent they would take care and ensure customer orders go out on time and the customer gets what they want. A The reason I am writing this is that I have to be sitting at my computer desk which is close to the front door as I cannot afford to miss an important delivery. It should have been here yesterday. I rang the depot this morning to be told they tried to deliver. I said I was in all day and no one had called. At lunch time I checked my letter box and there was a card from the delivery people to say they had called. I rang the depot but the driver was in another area and was told he would call on the way back, about 6pm. I said to the guy, tell the driver to read the sign above the door bell which says, "NOT WORKING." I also told him to tell the driver to knock the door and I would hear him. Hopefully I will have my delivery.

This is not the first time this has happened, not by a long shot. Several weeks ago I ordered some brass fittings, they sent me nickel fittings. I sometimes telephone a new supplier and explain what I want but the person I am speaking to can hardly speak English and I don't want to risk getting the wrong stuff as has happened in the past. Sometimes I have ordered items that i have seen online and when the goods have come they have been complete crap and nothing like the items I saw advertised. I really get mad when this happened because I have been a victim of a con artist and have been ripped off. I work really hard to earn my money and I expect value for money.

I'm so pleased I have got that off my chest now.
    It's so annoying when you've waited in all day for a parcel and then they try to deliver when you pop out for 5 minutes to go to the post office! Grrr!
    Carole x
    www.caroleallenjewellery.co.uk

Comment

Don't feel ripped off, instead make sure you return them for a refund - you have 7 days under the DSR to return items bought online for ANY reason so make sure you do so. The more frequently people do this the less likely the said supplier will keep supplying rubbish.

Originally posted by mama View Post
      It's so annoying when you've waited in all day for a parcel and then they try to deliver when you pop out for 5 minutes to go to the post office! Grrr!
      I only live a few doors away from the post office so have a note on my window for delivery drivers saying leave parcel at post office for whenever I'm out - you would not believe the number of times I've received my parcel from the driver while stood in the queue
      Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Working...
      X