Saved a whopper today :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saved a whopper today :D

So the other day i was reading this article online about a woman who is the Queen of freebies and had more or less kitted her house out with free furniture.
    I've only ever really known of Gumtree Freebies as i've given away stuff before.

The woman in the article said she used Freegle, curious i signed up a few days ago.
    And today i got a whopping bargain. Saved just over £100.

I picked up 15 20ml essential oils (although they go out of date next month ;O/)
    1000ml Sirop Vital Naturessirup with a price tag of £40 and a 45ml bottle of Liquid grapefruit seed extract

and it only cost me the bus fare.

So if anyone uses Gumtree Freebies have a little look on Freegle as well

p.s gave the nice chap a few of my soaps as a thank you

Hi well done on your bargain. My local freegle is closing down on Sunday due to a lot of people only asking for things to sell on on ebay and too many wanted ads and not many offer ads, rude people with no manners and let downs also circulate. It is a sad time for us as it has served me well when i down sized and needed to get rid of stuff too good for the tip. Lets hope they don't all go the same way.

Comment

I've been using freecycle for years..its wonderful and a great way to pick up odds and ends for projects, especially if you want to try out something you are unsure of... I have freecycled loads of stuff over the years and have been lucky enough to pick up some art stuff and some files and folders too. I've never used Gumtree though...didn't realise they do freebies.

Comment

Aww that's a shame sorry to hear that if you don't already you should stick to gumtree, i've recently given away a whole load of stuff on there. Better to go to a good home than be thrown away at the dump

Comment

Yep Gumtree have a freebie section a friend of mine is always looking on there. i just typed in gumtree freebies glasgow (for my area) in google and it came up with the freebie page

Can't say i've used freecycle yet. I'm mostly into soap making but if i see other odds and ends going that i could craft into something useful then its worth going for. It's so much better to give away or recycle than throw away.

At home after i've finished a margarine tub, i wash and dry it then use it to store my liquid colours or fragrances

Comment

I've used Freecycle in the past, and have gained some rugs and a garden umbrella. I've also disposed of stuff on there as well. Might have a look on Freegle, as I've never heard of it.

I would however urge people never to advertise an animal on any free site. Some people who need to rehome pets do this, and unfortunately some nasty people are taking these animals and using them as bait in illegal dog fighting. So if you think your kitty or little dog is going to a good home (and these people can be quite convincing) you may later find out they've been ripped to pieces. Dead animals discovered by the authorities after dog fights frequently have microchips, indicating that they were someone's pet. Equally, never leave your dog tied up outside a shop - these nasty people are not above stealing animals.
            Daesul

http://www.clairemanwani.com
            http://www.folksy.com/shops/clairemanwani
            http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/ClaireManwaniPottery

Comment

Originally posted by Daesul View Post
              I've used Freecycle in the past, and have gained some rugs and a garden umbrella. I've also disposed of stuff on there as well. Might have a look on Freegle, as I've never heard of it.

I would however urge people never to advertise an animal on any free site. Some people who need to rehome pets do this, and unfortunately some nasty people are taking these animals and using them as bait in illegal dog fighting. So if you think your kitty or little dog is going to a good home (and these people can be quite convincing) you may later find out they've been ripped to pieces. Dead animals discovered by the authorities after dog fights frequently have microchips, indicating that they were someone's pet. Equally, never leave your dog tied up outside a shop - these nasty people are not above stealing animals.
              Totally agree with you and untill these sights refuse to allow people to put animals on them I will bocott them. It was the reason I left gumtree.

I have a lovely large teak wood chest of draws that my FIL rescued from his uni when he retired. It was about to be chainsawed in half and thrown into a skip. They'd already done that to another 5 and blunted 3 chain saw blades. He borrowed a transit van from his neighbours son and got permission from the uni to take as much as he wanted. I also have a huge teak table and my SIL has a complete kitchen of Teak from that free haul. It was all going to go into skips and it saved the uni on the cost of 3 skips. We sanded it all down and re stained it. He even had a few of the chainsawed bit he then used in his hobby as a wood turner and produced 2 sets of beautiful wooden bowls one for his neighbour and one set for my MIL.
              So many projects, so little time

http://folksy.com/shops/eileenscraftstudio

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fol...92535377497013

Comment

Freegle=new name for Freecycle. Have used it for years. Got rid of a sofa, bike, various bits and bobs. Got darkroom stuff, turf, fishtank, pallets.... it`s great. Luckily ours still seem to have a good mix of offers and wants but I know of another one which was shut down for the reason above. Do get people occasionally saying yeah i`ll take the lot (of very different unrelated items) which I always think are a bit suspicious, but hey it`s not like they are going to make a fortune and if I was that fussed, I should sell it myself!
                www.mydandelionmind.wordpress.com
                Thoughts are a bit like weeds - they keep growing all over the place and you cant get rid of them easily.

Comment

A typical crafter look what I have saved not what I spent, I do try to tell DH about my 'savings' but he is so sceptical, baa humbug

Comment

Working...
                  X