what is freezer paper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is freezer paper

ive seen a blog where freezer paper is used to back felt before cutting it out. ive never heard of freezer paper. i know its an american thing but is it sold in the uk under a different name?
    www.myeviemyrose.etsy.com http://www.facebook.com/myeviemyroseuk

You can buy it here from mixed media and haberdashery suppliers. It's basically plastic coated, which allows it to be very easily fused to materials to stop them from changing shape, and can be peeled off at the end. It's a useful product.
    george
    www.mizgeorge.co.uk
    www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
    www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

hi george
      thanks for the reply. so do i ask for freezer paper or do we call it something else?
      www.myeviemyrose.etsy.com http://www.facebook.com/myeviemyroseuk

Comment

You can get it in Hobbycraft, but I've never seen it round here in smaller haberdashery shops, or even in Abakhan. It's just called Freezer Paper; Reynold's is the brand I've seen in Hobbycraft.

Comment

If you just want a small amount to try I can post you some.
          Carol
          God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

sorry if I'm not getting it... but is it like double sided tape... I presume wider???

Comment

No it's nothing like double-sided tape.

Think of a kitchen roll, foil or greaseproof, around that size.

When you unroll and cut off a piece, it is quite clearly paper, albeit white shiny paper, not greyish tracing paper like greaseproof.

One side of the paper is a very fine layer of plastic. If you cut out say, a heart shape, from the freezer paper then iron it gently, plastic side down, onto a piece of fabric, it sticks to the fabric. You could cut out a dozen hearts from freezer paper and iron them to your fabric.

Now the magic. You can cut out those hearts - no need for 505 temporary adhesive, pins, masking tape, erasable fabric markers, tailors chalk or any of that time consuming gubbins. just cut around the paper.

Then you can peel off the paper hearts and use them again in the same way several times!

It enables you to make the best use of your fabric possible and is useful in several other ways too.

In the US it is low cost and found in supermarkets; here it costs several pounds per roll and is found in quilting suppliers, good craft shops, some art shops and some haberdashers.

Comment

Originally posted by eena View Post
                It's just called Freezer Paper; Reynold's is the brand I've seen in Hobbycraft.
                You can get Reynolds freezer paper from Amazon

Jane
                www.just-soaps.com
                Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
                  You can get Reynolds freezer paper from Amazon

Jane

... indeed, and they are also party to a dispute about massive amounts of unpaid tax ...

Comment

Have you tried here?

http://www.norpak.net/freezer_papers...FW3MtAodAQUAmw

or here http://www.cottonpatch.co.uk/acatalog/Reynolds.html

Jane
                    www.just-soaps.com
                    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

thanks Eena... for explaining ... never come across it myself... sounds useful!

Comment

Working...
                      X