Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Facebook shop.. AAARRRGHHH!! I need some help please!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Facebook shop.. AAARRRGHHH!! I need some help please!

    Last month I opened a facebook shop with Payvment as a selling platform for my cake decorations.

    Today, I log into it make some amendments and have discovered that Payvment are going to stop their service on the 28th February and a company called EcWid will take over. I looked at it briefly and it seemed similar to Payvment so I transferred my shop details.

    Except it isn't the same. There is nowhere for me to add a public profile or my terms and conditions unless I upgrade to a monthly fee account. On Payvment I could add as many products as I wanted without charge. On EcWid you are capped at 10 products unless you want to pay a monthly fee.

    My question is this: Does anyone know of a good shopping application that will work via a facebook page?

    I'm already planning to sell on Ebay and might also consider Etsy.
    Carol
    Pop Up Zoo Greetings cards - Raising money for Sands in memory of my precious son Ben Folksy Shop, Facebook Page, You Tube
    Carol's Yummy Bakes - My new business Website, Facebook Page



  • #2
    I gave up on the FB shop as did not seem worth it, why don't you either select one of the selling sites (Etsy, Foksy, Dawanda,Wow Thank You, probably a few more as well) or try a free website such as weebly or webden, sorry cannot tell you more but know several who use these. This would did your toe in the water. Ebay is usually a no no for crafts as people are looking for a bargain, however excellent if you want to shift old stock or raw materials no longer used.

    Re a platform to use with FB you will probably find they only let those they have licensed to be used.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
      I gave up on the FB shop as did not seem worth it, why don't you either select one of the selling sites (Etsy, Foksy, Dawanda,Wow Thank You, probably a few more as well) or try a free website such as weebly or webden, sorry cannot tell you more but know several who use these. This would did your toe in the water. Ebay is usually a no no for crafts as people are looking for a bargain, however excellent if you want to shift old stock or raw materials no longer used.

      Re a platform to use with FB you will probably find they only let those they have licensed to be used.
      Thanks for your reply.

      I wasn't expecting to sell many items on Facebook either which was why Payvment was so good, with it being free. I think I'd be better off listing on Ebay and possibly Etsy. I understand what you mean by selling crafts on ebay, no way would I list my cards on there. But I think my cake decorations are different because they are reasonably priced while still making a profit and in keeping price-wise with the other handmade (and some commercial) cupcake and cake toppers on ebay. I've been doing a lot of research on there and there is definitely a market which I hope to be able to tap into. I won't be setting up a shop on ebay, though. Fortunately, my cake decorations are ideal for the multi-variation listings so that should help keep down the listing fees.

      I've been giving it some thought and I think I can add a link / tab to an Etsy shop from my FB page? Need to do some reading on that. I only want to sell my cake decorations to UK customers - do I have that option on Etsy?

      I already sell my cards on Folksy, I'm not allowed to sell my cake decorations on there because they are edible. My website is weebly but there is no p&p option for the free shopping cart app and unfortunately if I were to incorporate the p&p costs in the price, that would make purchasing more than one pack rather overpriced. My decorations sell at £2.50 per pack plus £1.30 p&p but the p&p is the same for up to 3 packs. Nothing is ever simple, it would seem! LOL it may be the case that nobody wants to buy my decorations online... you just never know with these things. I'm looking to attend some craft markets / fairs later in the year as I did well on the 3 stalls I had in November and December.

      Just feeling a bit miffed.. spent a good few hours setting up my payvment shop a couple of weeks ago and now it is no more (well it exists until the end of Feb but I can't add products). Had I known it was going to have a limited life then I'd have concentrated my efforts elsewhere.

      On a brighter note, I designed and piped these Easter chicks last week. Hope you like them!

      Carol
      Pop Up Zoo Greetings cards - Raising money for Sands in memory of my precious son Ben Folksy Shop, Facebook Page, You Tube
      Carol's Yummy Bakes - My new business Website, Facebook Page


      Comment


      • #4
        Looking at Etsy I am not sure you would have to check your settings as does not make clear if you can set for UK only. It could be when you list an itme you then have the option. So long since I put anything on Etsy.

        Comment


        • #5
          I have a Payvment shop and haven't heard anything about this change - but in 2 years I've only ever sold one item from it so it'll be no great loss. However, what I do is maintain my Business page, and keep an album of items available with details of my Weebly website. I regularly share the pictures via my personal page, and have had several orders via this method. I also sell on Folksy, which has been steadily selling items for me for quite a while now.
          Daesul

          http://www.clairemanwani.com
          http://www.folksy.com/shops/clairemanwani
          http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/ClaireManwaniPottery

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Daesul View Post
            I have a Payvment shop and haven't heard anything about this change - but in 2 years I've only ever sold one item from it so it'll be no great loss. However, what I do is maintain my Business page, and keep an album of items available with details of my Weebly website. I regularly share the pictures via my personal page, and have had several orders via this method. I also sell on Folksy, which has been steadily selling items for me for quite a while now.
            I've seen you on Folksy Your make lovely and original things no wonder you've done well on there. I was advised of the change when I logged into my Payvment account (I wanted to add those Easter chicks to my online shop), I didn't receive an email from Payvment.
            Carol
            Pop Up Zoo Greetings cards - Raising money for Sands in memory of my precious son Ben Folksy Shop, Facebook Page, You Tube
            Carol's Yummy Bakes - My new business Website, Facebook Page


            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by the card shark View Post
              I've seen you on Folksy Your make lovely and original things no wonder you've done well on there. I was advised of the change when I logged into my Payvment account (I wanted to add those Easter chicks to my online shop), I didn't receive an email from Payvment.
              Thank you! When I logged onto my Payvment shop yesterday I also had the message. So once they close down my shop, I won't worry about it, will jsut keep on with my business page albums as before.
              Daesul

              http://www.clairemanwani.com
              http://www.folksy.com/shops/clairemanwani
              http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/ClaireManwaniPottery

              Comment

              Working...
              X