Decoupage on uneven surfaces??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decoupage on uneven surfaces??

I'm brand new to decoupage, and I'm quite excited! I obviously need to practice on simpler projects before doing something like a lightly curved surface, but I was playing around with the glass that I want to decoupage... And I can't really figure out how I would go about forming the paper to the curve of the little plate I'm using. I'm using very thick paper, basically card stock. Do I need to be using thinner paper? I saw one site that suggested dampening the paper, but I'm not sure about that. Any advice would be much appreciated!

You really do need thin paper. There are spe******t papers designed specifically for this purpose but you can get away with using other thin papers... think tissue paper rather than cardstock...Cardstock is way too heavy for this.

Comment

I'd agree with Christa on the different types of paper. I decoupage onto furniture and you definetley can't use cardstock or even wallpaper on bends as it's just too thick. I use cardstock or wallpaper if I'm creating the focal point to be in the middle of a piece but if I'm going over edges something alot thinner such as magazine paper or spe******t paper or even material!

I've just visited my most favourite craft store (the famous one) and one of it's employees was decoupaging a very large model elephant (made from mache) I wanted to push her of her seat and take over!! Love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Revived View Post
        I've just visited my most favourite craft store (the famous one) and one of it's employees was decoupaging a very large model elephant (made from mache) I wanted to push her of her seat and take over!! Love it!!
        You can mention Hobbycraft in that context, I am assuming that you are not advertising for them lol.
        Carol
        God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Working...
        X