Advertising?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertising?

Hi All! Just wondering if you had any tips or ideas for advertising, or if you knew any free sites that I could advertise with? I already have a blog which seems to bring in quite a bit of traffic, cottagegardencraftsandflowers on blogspot but I set up in December now and selling has gone pretty quite. just thought I'd ask fellow crafters of the world for some advice! Thanks guys! Heather x

Mod edit: no URL's before 25 posts
    Last edited by beadsbydesign; 24-01-2013, 10:29 AM.

There are loads of free online directories out there just google free online business directories UK. With regards to being quiet January is the month of the credit card statement a long month where some were paid earlier in December and reality to the overspend at Christmas. I always write off january and February and accept they are quiet months. As I said in another post what we do is luxury not necessity such as food and heat so handmade and gifts of any medium will be quite far down in the pecking order of purchases. I use these months to regroup, plan, research and make new items

Comment

Thank you, I'll have a Google shortly . That's what friends and family have said as well, it's tricky as I've started up at a weird time of year I guess! But you're right, I've been busy designing and making a whole new range for both baby girls and boys, it's good to have the time to do that and also sort the advertising out! Thanks!

Comment

Facebook is free to use - I have a personal and a business page, and advertise on both! This has led to sales. There are also craft groups on there you can join. I also use Twitter to advertise, this has led to a lot more hits on my website. Gumtree is also free.
        I recently had a load of leaflets printed, and occasionally when I have time, I go round local streets posting them through letterboxes. I also used to have a home made poster pinned up in the local chippy!
        Daesul

http://www.clairemanwani.com
        http://www.folksy.com/shops/clairemanwani
        http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/ClaireManwaniPottery

Comment

You can also add your creations to craft juice which is free and easy to use
          full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Similar to Gumtree is Vivastreet, plus there's Free Index - the bonus about these free sites is that they in turn have other sites mine them for information and so you end up in other directories too.

But yes, this time of year is very quiet in terms of buying. Don't worry, it's not just you!
            Custom tribal belly dance costumes & accessories

Unique jewellery for those who love to turn heads

Comment

I think putting a card in your local newsagent supermarket is a good way of advertising and is free. Also leaflets can bring in good sales but you have the cost and time in producing them. If you have an open studio then a good sign will work wonders.

Comment

A card in the corner shop window didn't work for me but I was in craft unapprecition land at the time .
                Doing fairs and getting head hunted seems to be working best.
                It's worth forking out and being on Stallfinder.
                Look out for Valentine Fairs. They are in February. Unfortunately all on the same day .
                Then Easter. Then Mother's Day. (Have I got those two the right way round?)

Comment

There's also Crafty-Bitz... link is in my signature xx
                  Sarah x

~ The Lilac Dragonfly- Handmade Jewellery ~

~ Facebook Page ~

Comment

I would definately recommend setting up a facebook page, then first recommend all your friends "like" it if you are on facebook already, and join a few craft pages, try and share other peoples places in the hope that they will share yours, hth
                    Jo
                    My Scrapbooking Store

Comment

It just takes time to get your name out there. I've been doing shows for years and also my website is now quite prominent on searches such as "enamelled jewellery", "anodised aluminium jewellery", "handcrafted jewellery" and "Cornish Jewellery", which for a jeweller, is quite good. It didn't happen overnight though and I've had lean times too. My advice is to stick with it and do lots of shows in different areas, handing out lots of cards. You'll get there in the end.
                      Carole x
                      www.caroleallenjewellery.co.uk

Comment

We advertise with Craftsforum, our add for stoklasa is above threads in General section. What do you think about the banner? Did it catch your interest?

Comment

Hello. I have posted that i am looking for fellow advertisers.... Unfortunately didn't get much of interest. ANyway if you are still looking for free advertisement contact me
                          www.thetutufairy.co.uk
                          Lovely hair clips and headbands for your little ones
                          See my products

My ETSY shop
                          My EBAY

Comment

Working...
                          X